Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad news from South Dakota
I knew him as "Larry in SD" but he also posted as "SD Handgunner". My brother lived in the city where Larry was the town cop. Got news via my niece that he had been involved in a traffic accident.

Larry and I exchanged several messages over the years and made an online connection but never met. Being a small town, he knew my brother pretty well and vice versa.

Rosholt man dies in two-vehicle crash near Rosholt
Posted: Sep 20, 2014 9:55 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 20, 2014 9:56 PM CDT
By Bridget Bennett

A 61-year-old man from Rosholt died in a two vehicle crash near Rosholt Saturday morning.

It happened at the intersection of 112th Street and 474th street just outside of Rosholt. The two vehicles entered the unmarked intersection at the same time and collided.

Larry Sand, 61, of Rosholt was not wearing a seatbelt and was thrown from his vehicle. He died at the scene.

The other driver, Kevin Compaan, 62, of Watertown and a minor passenger were wearing seatbelts and received minor injuries in the crash.

Compaan is being cited for failure to yield the right-of-way. The South Dakota Highway Patrol is investigating.

Prayers up for the him and the family.

·
Administrator
26,085 Posts
Sad news indeed. Larry has been posting here since shortly after we set up the site. He had posted to other sites I did prior to that and he became a member here a long time ago. He will be missed.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Yep hate to hear that. Another good fella on here. Don't remember him ever having a bad word for anybody.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Very, VERY sorry to ever hear of this... Its SO UNFORTUNEATE... remember we don't have the rules the good lord has his reasons and called him home for a greater purpose.

Prayers to the family.

CW

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. Prayers to family and friends.

-gary

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
Rest in Peace brother...My prayers are enroute....<><....:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts