·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its comin up soon ;D I hope to put a doe in the freezer. Im out of jerky :eek:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Can't wait...went out with a ML last night getting ready. Unfortunately, due to the way I work, I'll only get to hunt on the 8th, 9th, and 14th. I hope to bag at least one...hopefully two. I only took one during modern season so that meat isn't going to last too long. I'm already almost out of loin meat!! :'(

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to Elliott county this weekend. Im going for meat first. Buck,doe or anything in between gets it this weekend ;D

·
Registered
308 Posts
I went out last Saturday to no avail. It was cold, wet, raining, dense fog, etc. From my stand, I could hear a thing with the rain and I could only see about 30 yards in the fog. The fog was NOT lifting either. I sat in the stand for about 3 1/2 hrs and then I had enough. It was not a good day to be hunting.

I'm going back Friday morning and plan on staying pretty much all day if the weather permits. Hopefully, this one will go a little better since it's the last day of deer season for me this year. Good luck in Elliott Co.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do any good in Elliott Co?? I ended up not going...

It's been rough the past week and work and I guess I was exhausted. I don't remember the alarm going off and I didn't get out of bed until 10:00am. haha.

Guess deer season is over...

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, weather turned plain nasty. Snow blowing "UP" my nose. The birds weren't even moving...

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck to ya' my bow huntings done until I get hold of a good x-bow.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've never been bow hunting...

Got a shoulder problem that won't let me pull a compound too many times without REALLY feeling it for a few days. I may look at purchasing a cross bow in the next year or two. There's a couple pistols I'd rather have before I invest in a cross bow though. ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm gonna have to find a way of banning you from reading my posts and using them against me by telling my wife! haha ;D

Definitely, my next purchase will be a muzzle loader, which she already knows about and is ok with. Buying more pistols is going to be a chore though...she won't understand why I need more than the ones I have now. She'll expect me to use my 3 inch barrel on my XD as a hunting pistol. ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts