Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is latest assembled from cannibalized parts. Awhile back I had stated I found a very hard to find 20 gauge in 22 inch fixed FULL choke. I had the receiver, and from our classifieds I purchased a TDC classic wood set. I think it turned out great. Very anxious to test No.6 high brass and turkey loads for pattern. This barrel was marketed as a youth turkey gun with camo stocks etc. Of course I have Tim's proven TDC 20 for turkey hunting but like to see another option on the skinny for turkeys. Right now it's doing duty as a nighttime implement.
Tartan Textile Wood Sleeve Beige

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Here is latest assembled from cannibalized parts. Awhile back I had stated I found a very hard to find 20 gauge in 22 inch fixed FULL choke. I had the receiver, and from our classifieds I purchased a TDC classic wood set. I think it turned out great. Very anxious to test No.6 high brass and turkey loads for pattern. This barrel was marketed as a youth turkey gun with camo stocks etc. Of course I have Tim's proven TDC 20 for turkey hunting but like to see another option on the skinny for turkeys. Right now it's doing duty as a nighttime implement.
View attachment 255041
Looks good.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
View attachment 255041
You should be ashamed of yourself Stewart. Cannibalizing perfectly good guns to build one to your liking. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me.:mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should be ashamed of yourself Stewart. Cannibalizing perfectly good guns to build one to your liking. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me.:mad::mad::mad:
Sacrifices has to be made Bryan. Consequently they were all orphan parts that I gave a home to.

·
Registered
Stand for the Flag. Kneel at the Cross!
435 Posts
This is also very close to the same gun that I had which I'm going to rebuild with "cannibalized" parts.

Reactions: stewmagoo

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Let us know how it patterns out to 40. Tapping for a scope rail is fair game for the 20 ga barrel. Lots of steel around that chamber.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let us know how it patterns out to 40. Tapping for a scope rail is fair game for the 20 ga barrel. Lots of steel around that chamber.
Dave I really won't scope this one. I had built a 22in that started life as a 26in modified gun, that I had cut down and threaded for chokes, forcing cone lengthened, chamber polished, D&T for scope base with oversized screws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I gave a H&R single shot 20 GA to a girlfriend (she was 20yo) back in the early 80s after several home invasions in her neighborhood. I cut the barrel down to 18½" and put the bead back on. She didn't like guns but she didn't refuse it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts