Graybeard Outdoors banner
5621 - 5640 of 5655 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,621 ·
A doctor is talking to a car mechanic, "Your fee is several times more per hour then we get paid for medical care."
"Yeah, but you see, doc, you have always the same model, it hasn't changed since Adam; but we have to keep up to date with new models coming every month."

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,622 ·
Two kids were deciding what game to play. One said, “Let’s play doctor.”
“Good idea,” said the other. “You operate, and I’ll sue.”

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,623 ·
The young boy protested vigorously when his mother asked him to take his little sister along fishing. “The last time she came,” he objected, “I didn’t catch a single fish.” “I’ll talk to her,” his mother said, “and I promise this time she won’t make any noise.”
“It wasn’t the noise, Mom,” the boy replied. “She ate all my bait.”

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,624 ·
1. My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION…

“Just wait until your father gets home.”

2. My Mother taught me about RECEIVING….

“You are going to get it when we get home!”

3. My Mother taught me to MEET A CHALLENGE…

“What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you! Don't talk back to me!”

4. My Mother taught me LOGIC…

“If you fall out off that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me.”

5. My Mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE…

“If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.”

6. My Mother taught me to THINK AHEAD…

“If you don't pass your spelling test, you'll never get a good job.”

7. My Mother taught me HUMOUR…

“When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me.”

8. My Mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT…

“If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up.”

9. My Mother taught me about GENETICS…

“You're just like your father.”

10. My Mother taught me about my ROOTS…

“Do you think you were born in a barn?”

11. My Mother taught me about WISDOM OF AGE…

“When you get to be my age, you will understand.”

And last but not least…

12. My Mother taught me about JUSTICE…

“One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you….Then you'll see what it's like!”

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,625 ·
A pregnant woman hobbles into the hospital with one hand on her back. A nurse asks her what's wrong, and the pregnant woman screams, "Shouldn't! Wouldn't! Didn't!"
The nurse shakes her head and says, "I'm sorry…I don't understand." The pregnant woman's face contorts in pain as she shouts, "Can't! Won't! Don't!" The nurse, bewildered, turns to a doctor. "Admit her," the doctor said. "She's having contractions."

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,626 ·
Two philosophers were sitting at a restaurant, discussing whether or not there was a difference between misfortune and disaster.
“There is most certainly a difference,” said one. “If the cook suddenly died and we couldn’t have our dinner that would be a misfortune __ but certainly not a disaster. On the other hand, if a cruise ship carrying the Congress was to sink in the middle of the ocean, that would be a disaster __ but by no stretch of the imagination would it be a misfortune

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,627 ·
A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, he said: “Now, students, if I stood on my head the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I should turn red in the face.”

“Yes, sir,” the boys said.

“Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position the blood doesn't run into my feet?”

A little fellow shouted, “‘It's because yer feet ain't empty.”

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,628 ·
Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance....
Only in America... do people order double cheese burgers, a large fry and A diet coke...
Only in America... do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens To the counters...
Only in America... do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and leave useless things and junk in boxes in the garage...
Only in America... do we use answering machines to screen calls and then Have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place...
Only in America... do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight...
Only in America... do we use the word politics to describe the process so well. Poli in Latin meaning many and tics meaning blood sucking creatures.

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,629 ·
A dentist, after completing work on a patient, came to him and asked; “could you help me? Could you give out a few of your loudest, most painful screams?”
The surprised patient said; “why doctor, it wasn’t all that bad this time!”
The dentist said; “there are so many people in the waiting room right now, and I don’t want to miss the four o’clock train.”

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,630 ·
One day while jogging, a middle-aged man noticed a tennis ball lying by the side of the walk.
Being fairly new and in good condition, he picked the ball up, put it in his pocket and proceeded on his way.

Waiting at the cross street for the light to change, he noticed a beautiful blond standing next to him smiling.

"What do you have in your pocket?" she asked.

"Tennis ball," the man said smiling back.

"Wow," said the blonde looking upset. "That must hurt. I once had tennis elbow and the pain was unbearable!"

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,631 ·
What did the spider email to the fly?
Visit my Web site!

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,632 ·
A lady is throwing a party for her granddaughter, and had gone all out..... a caterer, band, and a hired clown. Just before the party started, two bums showed up looking for a handout. Feeling sorry for the bums, the woman told them that she would give them a meal if they will help chop some wood for her out back. Gratefully, they headed to the rear of the house.
The guests arrived, and all was going well with the children having a wonderful time. But the clown hadn't shown up. After a half and hour, the clown finally called to report that he was stuck in traffic, and would probably not make the party at all.
The woman was very disappointed and unsuccessfully tried to entertain the children herself. She happened to look out the window and saw one of the bums doing cartwheels across the lawn. She watched in awe as he swung from tree branches, did mid-air flips, and leaped high in the air.
She spoke to the other bum and said, "What your friend is doing is absolutely marvelous. I have never seen such a thing. Do you think your friend would consider repeating this performance for the children at the party? I would pay him $50!"
The other bum says, "Well, I dunno. Let me ask him. 'HEY WILLIE! FOR $50, WOULD YOU CHOP OFF ANOTHER TOE?"

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,633 ·
One Sunday a cowboy went to church. When he entered, he saw that he and the preacher were the only ones present. The preacher asked the cowboy if he wanted him to go ahead and preach.
The cowboy said, "I'm not too smart, but if I went to feed my cattle and only one showed up, I'd still feed him."So the minister began his sermon.
One hour passed, then two hours, then two-and-a-half hours. The preacher finally finished and came down to ask the cowboy how he liked the sermon.
The cowboy answered slowly, "Well, I'm not very smart, but if I went to feed my cattle and only one showed up, I sure wouldn't feed him all the hay."

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,634 ·
McNally was taking his first plane ride, flying over the Rocky Mountains. The stewardess handed him a piece of chewing gum. "It's to keep your ears from popping at high altitudes," she explains.
When the plane landed McNally rushed up to her. "Miss," he said,
"I'm meetin' me wife right away. How do I get the gum out of me ears?"

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,635 ·
After having their 11th child, an Arkansas couple decided that was enough, as they could not afford a larger bed. So, the husband went to his veterinarian and told him that he and his cousin didn't want to have any more children.

The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy that could fix the problem, but that it was expensive. A less costly alternative, said the doctor, was to go home, get a cherry bomb (fireworks are legal in Arkansas), light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10.

The Arkansan said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest man in the world, but I don't see how putting a cherry bomb in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me."

"Trust me," said the doctor.

So, the man went home, lit a cherry bomb and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

At which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs, and resumed counting on his other hand.

This procedure also works in Mississippi and Alabama.

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,636 ·
When the rod in her closet fell from the weight of her clothes Sally decided to donate some. While gathering the garments she no longer wore, she checked the pockets in one coat and found a ticket for shoes she’d brought in for repairs nearly four years before. “So that’s what happened to those,” she muttered. Later that day after dropping off the clothes, she decided to see if the repairman still had the shoes. After studying the ticket, the man said. “I’m sorry, but those won’t be ready until Friday.”

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,637 ·
An old Indian lined up all of his 10 little Indian sons and stood in front of them.
He then asked, "Who push port-a-potty over cliff?"
Nobody answered him.
He then asked again, "Who push port-a-potty over cliff?"
Again nobody answered.
The old Indian said, "I tell story of Georgie and Georgie father. Georgie chop down cherry tree. Georgie tell truth, Big Georgie no punish." So the Indian asked again,
"Who push port-a-potty over cliff?"
To which the littlest Indian replied, "I push port-a-potty over cliff."
The old Indian then shakes and spanks him, for his punishment. When he is done, the little Indian asks, "Georgie tell truth, Georgie no get punish. I tell truth, I get punished. Why you punish, father?"
The old Indian replied, "Big Georgie not in cherry tree when it got chopped down!!!"

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,638 ·
The stockbroker received notice from the IRS that he was being audited. He showed up at the appointed time and place with all his financial records, and then sat for what seemed like hours as the accountant pored over them.
Finally the IRS agent looked up and commented, “You must have been a tremendous fan of Sir Arthur Doyle” “why would you say that?” wondered the broker. “Because you’ve made more brilliant deductions on your last three returns than Sherlock Holmes made in his entire career.”

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,639 ·
A Saudi Prince went to Germany to study.
A month later, he sends a letter to his dad saying: "Berlin is wonderful, people are nice and I really like it here, but I'm a bit ashamed to arrive to school with my gold Mercedes when all my teachers travel by train."
Sometime later he gets a letter from his dad with a ten million dollar check saying: "Stop embarrassing us, go and get yourself a train too”!

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,640 ·
A new Army recruit was on the rifle range. He fired 50 shots and completely missed the target with every shot!
His Drill Instructor called him to attention and got in his face. “What's the matter with you?” shouted the DI. “Why can't you hit the target? What were you in civilian life?”

“I was a telephone repair man,” replied the recruit, “and I don't know why I can't hit the target. Let me see…”

The man checked his rifle, checked his rifle again and then checked his rifle a third time. He then put his finger in front of the muzzle, pulled the trigger and blew the end of his finger off!

“Well,” the phone man said, writhing in pain, “the bullets are leaving this end here fine. The trouble must be on the other end."

5621 - 5640 of 5655 Posts