Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,014 Posts
stuffit i have a buff classic and use 2 lee bullets the 500r and the 500 gas check moulds sized to .457 they both shoot very good in my buff classic . but i think it depends on your bore size my bore size is breech end .452 muzzle end .450 so it kind'a has a choke lol .
bernie :)

· Registered
1,014 Posts
stuffit got a smith to slug it and thats the sizes he gave me. he said it is an excellent barrel and no its the std factory barrel. my buff shoots .457 sized bullets really well must have struck it lucky with my buff, if i shoot the 500r unsized .459 i tend to get a bit of leading if i push them with smokeless loads. the gas check mold cast .457 .i use a lee .457 sizing die i lube with my home made lube which i have posted the mix already on this site.keep safe.
bernie :grin:

· Registered
1,014 Posts
i will ad that both my bullets mike up on the nose just in front of the first driving band a whisker over .452 ,when i chamber a round and then remove it the nose of the bullets show slight engraving of the lands. hope this clarify's my post..
bernie :grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.