1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
No doubt they are being egged on by a lawyer. He smells big money, probably work for free, promising only to collect if they win. Lawyers like that should be disbarred. No wrong doing on Stewarts part. gypsyman

·
Registered
778 Posts
Tony had the deepest pockets on that racetrack and it was his car that hit the kid -regardless of the kid's stupid actions.

There was no way there wasn't going to be a lawsuit.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
gotsta git dat sediment

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
They are buying a powerball ticket.

When they lose Tony needs to sue them for legal fees.

Sent via Pony Express rider through Indian country.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Tony Stewart was cleared of criminal charges. That is a whole different burden of proof than civil charges and wrongful death. Civil charges look at how much each party is responsible for something and I highly doubt they will find Stewart 0% at fault in this death. However, like briarpatch said, this will be settled out of court and the terms sealed.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Maybe Stewart should sue the family for negligence. Kid was found to have marijuana in his system. I'd be embarrassed as ****, getting my name dragged out like that. HEY, your kid had pot in his system, and walked out further on to the race track. Do you always raise idiots like that!! gypsyman

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
JSH1,

What actions if any on Tony's part do you find reasonable cause for awarding the family money? The kid was racing under the influence of pot. A level described by the authorities as being high enough to impair judgment. The kid ran down the track in such a manner that one of the other drivers almost hit him. Then he went even lower on the track to get in Tony's way and shake his fist at him.

You may be right....Tony may try to settle out of court just to save having to go through a trial. I still think in a trial they get nothing and Tony should counter sue for cost and defamation.

CR

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
kinslayer1965 said:
JSH1,

What actions if any on Tony's part do you find reasonable cause for awarding the family money? The kid was racing under the influence of pot. A level described by the authorities as being high enough to impair judgment. The kid ran down the track in such a manner that one of the other drivers almost hit him. Then he went even lower on the track to get in Tony's way and shake his fist at him.

You may be right....Tony may try to settle out of court just to save having to go through a trial. I still think in a trial they get nothing and Tony should counter sue for cost and defamation.

CR

I don't disagree that the kid was acting entirely inappropriately. I also don't think the family will have too hard of a time finding people that think Steward was trying to roost him and miscalculated. A lot of people that I know expressing that opinion when this happened.

What I think doesn't matter, it is what a judge and jury thinks.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
In an interview, the mother said that no amount of money will bring back my son. :eek:

But they are still gonna try to cash in on Tony's money, so they can spend their time at resorts mourning for their son. ::)

and, Tony's lawyer is gonna rake their kids name through the mud. it's all about the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts