Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm grying to decide on a shotgun scope, and I'd like to hear from others' experience. My first incliniation is to buy a US-made scope with a lifetime warranty, hence Leupold and Burris are on my list. However, I've heard a lot of good things about Nikon scopes, especially the Monarch line of scopes.

What do you think of Leupold's VXI and VXII vs. Burris's Fullfield II and Signature Select vs. Nikon's Monarch and Monarch UCC? I'm looking for something on the order of a 1.5x-4x or a 2x-7x scope. Primarlily concerned with brightness, clarity, and ruggedness. Thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My opinion, I like the Nikon the best for the money. You will get a lot of difference options on this one. The Nikon Monarch and Monarch UCC are the same scope. UCC stands of "Ultra Clear Coat"

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
I like the Leupolds in 1.5x-4x or a 2x-7x. Leupold has worked great for me. :D

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I have a Burris Signature 1.5x6 and I really like it. I have a Leupold VX II 1x4. I didn't like the reticle (standard duplex) so I had it replaced by Premier Reticle and I like it now. My son has a Nikon Monarch 3x9 and it's a great scope. He likes it better than his Varix III 2.5x8. My son and I both agree Leupold's standard duplex is too narrow for our us when we hunt in brush. IMHO for a shotgun scope if you get a Leupold get the heavy duplex. Dave

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have been really impressed with Burris scopes. I have two Fullfield II's, and two compacts. They are extremely clear scopes, and I highly recommend them!

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
I have 2 Burris FullField II and just got a 2x Burris hand gun scope for my Encore 7mm-08. Really impressed with them. Mueller, Nikon and Bushnell are my other favorite scopes. Won't buy a Leupold, even though they must be a great scope.........don't like Lupie "snobs"....ha! :)

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
poncaguy said:
I have 2 Burris FullField II and just got a 2x Burris hand gun scope for my Encore 7mm-08. Really impressed with them. Mueller, Nikon and Bushnell are my other favorite scopes. Won't buy a Leupold, even though they must be a great scope.........don't like Lupie "snobs"....ha! :)
Hay, I am a Leupold snob.. I resemble that remark.. :D :-D :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts