Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Leupold Gold ring Bino's, what are your thoughts on them. I am considering them in a 8X42. I want to replace my Zeiss 8X30's Anyone with experience with them??

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I did a lot of research and ended up buying a pair of Zeiss Victory 8X42FL Binoculars. :D :-D

·
Registered
322 Posts
If I were going to spend a grand on binos (which I did a few years ago and wound up with Leica's), it definitely would not be a Leupold.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grubbs said:
If I were going to spend a grand on binos (which I did a few years ago and wound up with Leica's), it definitely would not be a Leupold.
I think I made a wise choice with the Zeiss Victory 8X42FL Binoculars. :D

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Redhawk1, say it isn't so. You bought a product other than a Leupold??? Armageddon, Armageddon !!!! :)
Seriously, I hope you enjoy your purchase for many years. Dave :D

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave in WV said:
Redhawk1, say it isn't so. You bought a product other than a Leupold??? Armageddon, Armageddon !!!! :)
Seriously, I hope you enjoy your purchase for many years. Dave :D
Yes it is hard to believe. :-D But if I did not buy Leupold it would be Zeiss. :D Also I already own a pair of Zeiss Bino's. I got for my Alaska trip last year, the Zeiss Diafun 8X30.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Redhaw, although I don't agree with you on your Leupold stance.....I certainly appreciate your loyalty. I wish I had more customers like you.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grubbs said:
Redhaw, although I don't agree with you on your Leupold stance.....I certainly appreciate your loyalty. I wish I had more customers like you.
I will tell you, it is hard to beat a Leupold in my opinion. But if you find something that works for you, you won't here me tell you different. I just know what works for me. :D :-D

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Redhawk1, How do you like your Zeiss 8/30's. Are they the center focus model.

I had a pair of the older Leupold 10/40 about 15 years ago. They were the individual focus model. For some reason they were never really clear to my eyes. A close friend loved them, and he could never afford a pair of his own, so I gave them to him. I replaced them with the Zeiss 10/40 and to tell the truth I am not really happy with them.

Years ago I bought a pair of bushnell custom compacts 6/26 if memory serves correctly. I loved them and carried them all over the US. When I wore them out I have not found a binocular that I like as well since.

Must be something with my eyes but I recently bought a Swift compact set 9/26 I believe from ebco on sale and so far they are clearer to me than my Zeiss.

Like you said what ever works. Maybe I should just give up on high dollar optics. Regards, Byron

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pastorp said:
Redhawk1, How do you like your Zeiss 8/30's. Are they the center focus model.

I had a pair of the older Leupold 10/40 about 15 years ago. They were the individual focus model. For some reason they were never really clear to my eyes. A close friend loved them, and he could never afford a pair of his own, so I gave them to him. I replaced them with the Zeiss 10/40 and to tell the truth I am not really happy with them.

Years ago I bought a pair of bushnell custom compacts 6/26 if memory serves correctly. I loved them and carried them all over the US. When I wore them out I have not found a binocular that I like as well since.

Must be something with my eyes but I recently bought a Swift compact set 9/26 I believe from ebco on sale and so far they are clearer to me than my Zeiss.

Like you said what ever works. Maybe I should just give up on high dollar optics. Regards, Byron
Byron, the Zeiss 8/30's is like a standard binocular. One eye can be focused and then has the center focus for both. I think that is what you want to know. Also I have not had a bit of problem with them at all. They are very clear, the reason I am going up in size is, I want to get more light in low light conditions. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try some Nikon Premier LX's, I have the 8X32 and am very pleased with them. They can be purchased as refurbs for $479 and are praised by many as the 'best of the best'.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
centershot said:
Try some Nikon Premier LX's, I have the 8X32 and am very pleased with them. They can be purchased as refurbs for $479 and are praised by many as the 'best of the best'.
I have looked at them and went to Zeiss. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts