Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the Winchester 94's shoot the leverevelution rounds as well as the Marlin rifle do? I have a 1980 94 30-30 and with the ballistics of the Hornady rounds I would like to use them for a hog and deer rifle. I have never shot any as yet so I don't know. Anyone who has please give me your opinion.

fknipfer

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
They do in my 24" .30-30 M94 NRA Centennial Rifle - but the POI's a tad higher, due to the slightly flatter trajectory, I'd guess, requiring a different peep setting.

It's enough, in my rifle, that I wouldn't want to switch back and forth with non-LeverEvolution without also re-adjusting the sight.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I had a basic 94 (1994 DOM) that they did NOT perform consistently in. Basically, all over the place, sometimes out 3" at 100 yards.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
One of these days I guess I am going to have to spring for some of this stuff. I haven't fired a factory round in my 51 year old Model 94 in about 37 years. I have used the 150 grain round noses all this time, at 2400fps. It shoots true out to about 280 yards with this round. It was bought new in 1957, from a car dealer whom also would order rifles and pistols, back in the good ole days before the ATF.
I would like to know more about it too.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
They shoot very well in my Handi riflle, as do the 45-70 Lever action rounds..........great ammo in my rifles. Don't own a lever rifle...........yet!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased a few boxes early in the summer and found a definte improvement in the consistancy and accuracy of my Pre-64 94 30-30. Looking forward to putting them to use in another week... ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts