Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering mounting a light to my AR carbine. It has no rails of any kind and adding rails is an option. I have seen attachments directly on the barrel. It has a bayonet lug and it seems to me that could be a mount attachment. I realize hand guard replacement with rails is popular but I am seeking other options, Any ideas?

Cheese

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
No way this country boy's paying a couple hundred bucks for a Tactical fore end with rails and geegaws! I took a short scope base (one piece of a two piece mount) drilled the handguard, attached it with a screw amd nut, at about 7:30. I took a streamlight scorpion in a 1" scope ring and attached it to the base. Being right handed, when I mount the rifle, my left thumb is in the perfect position to activate the tailcap switch on the light. I used this Bushmaster Shorty as my patrol rifle for years. Still works great, and didn't break the bank! They do make a light attachment for the bayonet lug, but no experence with those.
Savage

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, a tactical fore end is too expensive and there are other options.

Cheese

·
Registered
491 Posts
Cheesehead,
With no rails you may want to look at the bayonet mount option. This was quite prevalent before the widespread advent of the rails system. Below is the web site for a rail adapter that attaches to the bayonet mount.
http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/ar15tacticalaccessories.html
There used to be lights that attached directly to the bayonet mount. Can't seem to find any to give you a site. Rails are the current fad.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Targetshooter,

Thanks for the link, I have looked almost everywhere with no results.

Cheese

1 - 5 of 5 Posts