Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure now that the transfer bar on one of my handi rifles is falling prior to the hammer strike. I have no idea why this is going on, I have changed every part in the rifle and it still goes on. This is not all the time. When the gun fires you can hear the click of the transfer bar when you let off the trigger. When it fails to fire and you let off the trigger you hear no click. This rifle was also back to the factory a while back for this same problem. When the gun does fire, I get a nice firing pin strike, when it does not I get a light strike. This happens with all the barrels that fit on this frame. I have several handies and this is the only one that has this problem so the way I pull the trigger has nothing to do with it. Does anyone know the fix to this? I am thinking about pulling the transfer bar and going with one of the old hammer to fix this. Can this be done, and has anyone does this? I understand the transfer bar is a safety thing but I only shoot this off the bench.

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
Most likely the Striker portion of the t-bar assembly is the 'short one' with too much chamfer on the leading edge (to slide it up past the firing pin into position).
Watch all this happen:
You cock it and the T-bar lifts
Pull the trigger and the Trigger Extension moves foreward to hold the T-bar in position (inside, so imagine this and you may also see a slight rise in height of the T-bar)
BUT
As the hammer falls the too short Striker with the chamfer at the F-pin gets hit, and the Striker is pinched out below, just like a watermelon seed
Result: light strike and the assembly is fully down
The currently used T-bar is a little taller (it still has to fit up under the hammer nose at the top stop) and has a bit less chamfer. The problematic ones Ive seen, when cocked, sit just barely to the top of the F-pin.
There are some very nice pics of this in some recent posts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its back and I tested it with several barrels and all is fine. Its impossible to thank Brian enough for the help he gives people on this forum. I also asked for Brian to install a 7.62X39 barrel on this frame while he had it and he did. I shot that just a little yesterday and that barrel is sure nice. Thanks again, Brian, we are sure lucky that someone like you works for Remington.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I am glad you got your receiver fixed and very glad that Brian is available to help up out.

BB

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Thanks to Brian from me also! You are a good man, hope that Remington/Marlin/NEF/H&R appreciate you. We sure do.

-Kees-

·
Registered
56 Posts
lendar said:
Its back and I tested it with several barrels and all is fine. Its impossible to thank Brian enough for the help he gives people on this forum. I also asked for Brian to install a 7.62X39 barrel on this frame while he had it and he did. I shot that just a little yesterday and that barrel is sure nice. Thanks again, Brian, we are sure lucky that someone like you works for Remington.
How can you get a barrel that is not listed on the web site?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You need to send a PM to Brian56 and he will let you know if any 7.62X39 barrels are in stock. He works for Remington and has been very helpful to myself and all the people from this site. Because of him I now own a 35 Remington and a 7.62X39 barrel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.