Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Does Limbsaver make a screw on replacement recoil pad for the Guide Gun, or do you need to buy a slip-on or grind to fit? Any insight is appreciated.

K.K

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Yes, limbsaver makes a prefit pad for the guide gun. A very good friend of mine put one on his guide gun.....it fit perfectly......

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Can anyone tell if these do much good? I had a grind to fit installed on one of my 3.5" 12's and boy does it hurt! I never fired it before, so if Limbsavers ads are true about 40% recoil reduction, then it would have completely tore my shoulder off before it was put on.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
I have a Guide Gun, and several 3.5" Turkey Guns. I don't really even notice the recoil. I wouldn't mind getting one of the prefit LimbSaver pads on the Guide Gun though because I think they look better than the stock pad.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
demented said:
Can anyone tell if these do much good? I had a grind to fit installed on one of my 3.5" 12's and boy does it hurt! I never fired it before, so if Limbsavers ads are true about 40% recoil reduction, then it would have completely tore my shoulder off before it was put on.
I put on on my 1895 after a few trips to the range. Yes, the limbsaver is good technology and does reduce felt recoil significantly.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have a grind to fit on my 1894 .44 mag and it helps. I probably will have one put on my 1895 45/70 after deer season. I really like the 'Shooter's Friend' slip on pad that I now have on the 1895 but think the Limbsaver looks better and is less likely to get knocked off the gun by brush.

RJ

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love the Limbsaver on my GG, so I put one on my NEF .45-70 as well. They really help. The recoil pad that came on the Guide Gun was a joke. Daddywpb, what did you use to fill the old screw holes in your stock?

·
23,101 Posts
ive got them on my 444 and my new custom 475 and swear by them. they reallly take the bite out of recoil.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have a guide gun, but I do have the R3 pad (which I hear is a limbsaver) on my Remington 870 12 ga and it's night and day compared to my 870 Wingmaster without !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts