Graybeard Outdoors banner

Little dandy .22 Hornet

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Catshooter45 
#1 ·
Been hanging out on this forum nigh on to 16 years now. I'd been hunting for an unmodified .22 hornet for a long time and finally caught that one WranglerDoug was selling. It's just peachy now set up with some furniture and scope. Cannot wait to get her out and shoot some, but it's pouring rain today, so at least I had a day to get everything installed and adjusted. This may be my last build, but who knows. Sure have had fun building H&R's, too bad they are gone.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Shotgun

Air gun Auto part Bicycle part Gun accessory Metal

The rings and base I'm using are almost perfect clearances for the 3-9X40 Mildot BSA Scope I put on it. Gonna punish some groundhogs soon... ;)

See less See more
#3 ·
Should be a 1-16 twist rate. I'm shooting Winchester 46gr Hollowpoints until they are used up. I'm entertaining using some V-Max reloads once I get my own dies, so we'll have to see. Been running loads in the software and looking like 2400 or Lil'Gun should both be great. ;) Unfortunately, gotta wait till next payday to get the reloading gear... 8(

#5 ·
Do the advanced search on here under 22 Hornet in this forum. Many I mean many pages of H&R 22 hornet info. I have a Topper one ready to take to range myself. Tons of factory ammo and very trusted reloads ready to go

Reactions: cwlongshot
#6 ·
Very nice. I'm liking them thumbhole stocks. Nice looking rig! Be sure to let us know how it shoots.

#7 ·
Very nice! Love the stock set! Great job!

#9 ·
Well, after bore sight and took it out to our farm and it was very muggy and started raining, so only took me 3 shots to get it on target at 25 yards and was hitting 1.5" apples easily. Using Winchester 46 gr. HP's factory ammo that I found. Good repeatability so far off hand, but will get it on paper and see how we do. Should have all ordered loading supplies by next week, then we'll get some custom loads going. ;)

#10 ·
Well, she definitely likes V-Max 40's. Shot a little pill group of about .38" Going to play with some Lil'Gun now and see if it does any better than H110. 8) Loving this little gun so far. Only negative for me is I keep forgetting she's an ejector!!! I haven't lost any brass yet, but close. lol

#12 ·
Good show man. Glad the long time search ended so brightly!!
I have had a number of them and it wasnt till the last that I got a shooter. Mine is a 1:9 and it shot many loads very well. Some ten plus years back I re chambered it for a K as I was tired of the way it went theu brass. Now its easier to load I get a lil better preformance and my brass life sky rocketed. I mostly shoot a 50g V max on coyotes it shoots 35g just as well as it always did with a case of lil gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.