Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a Youtube video on a new Henry, with a loading gate. Brass frame, 38/55 and 30/30 to begin with, but surely others will follow. Iraqveteran8888.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Puma got it right years ago. They made the Puma 454 (now a Rossi) with both loading gate and tube loading. It is wonderful. Easy to load a lot at a time or unload and easy to add just one when topping off. Wished others would follow suit. Seems they only did this on the .454, never saw any other ones that had that feature.

Rosewood

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you Mr. Imperato for finally giving me what I've requested for years. Thank you. Now all I need is a Henry ladder sight to be installed. Come Monday I will be placing a .38-55 on order.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I got to hold a BRAND NEW Henry with the ladder sight just a few days ago, it was very beautiful
and very well made, fit, finish, wood, the ladder sight was great.
Didn't know that about the Puma offering both. I hope we see this again from Henry Rifle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
To me the loading gate is not a make or break feature. It is nice though. When they make them in a blued version I'll consider one. If they are a big seller Im sure they will. I wrote for them to make a Big Boy rifle in blued configuration and drilled and tapped years ago. I owned a brass version Big Boy at the time. Many people wanted a blued version and Henry listened. And the Big Boy Steel was born. I have one. They are just a good responsive American company.

·
11,227 Posts
Thank you Henry for offering it in 35 Rem!!!

Thanks, Dinny

·
Registered
192 Posts
I handled one of the new loading gate Henry rifles yesterday. I was a bit disappointed in the length of pull - too short. I am going to pass on this. Looks good as a display item but it is not for me. I would prefer one of their regular blued rifles. Actually, the price of the .30-30 in brass with the loading gate was more expensive than the Long Range lever gun by Henry. I am leaning heavily in that direction.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good evening
Henry seems to be near the only US of A firearms manufacturer listening and making requested products .
As soon as they make a blue Big Boy 41 mag 16.5 inch carbine with the gate feed we will buy one to go along with our 41 mag blue BB we bought 1st year they came out.

·
11,227 Posts
I believe Henry has a "contact the CEO" type opportunity linked to their website

Thanks, Dinny

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I haven't been interested in the Henry's because of the prices, but I did see a single shot .308 the other day, and that is a dang beautiful gun. Hard as heck to **** it though.

Rosewood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts