Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I am looking at picking up a rem model 7 in 7mm-08 or 308 in stainless steel with fiberglass stock and a 700 LV SF in 223 or 22-250. any have these and how do you like them? my other option is an encore but I already have a rem 700 30.06 and love it plus I have handled both the rems and all I can say it they feel sweet!

Thanks

Huntinhick

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a couple of model 7's and love them. My favorite rifle for dense woods and quick shots. I am not affaid to shot 300 yards if I have to. Just buy them both! :grin:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Huntinhick, I've got a Model 7 in 223 and it makes a great coyote hunting rifle. It's short, light, easy to handle and accurate. I also have a 22-250 LVSF. I'm still in the process of dialing it in, but it's going to be a shooter. The stock is light and stiff and the workmanship is flawless. Like you said, they just feel sweet. MI VHNTR

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Don't overlook the Remington Guide Gun in 6.5 Mag or the .350 Mag . If you can afford it the Guide Gun will serve the purpose and at least hold its value.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd like to have a mod 7 stainless in a .260. I use a 7-08 with 18 1/2 inch blued barrel and its a tackdriver. Handles great.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I use Federal Premium 140 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips. They do kick pretty bad. But its tolerable. What load are shooting?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts