Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold the last two I had for no good reason other than to fund other projects. So I have been looking around locally. I found a nice blue Prohunter in 270 and it has the camo stock set. $550.00 Does this seem like a good deal? I really don't need a third 270 but figure I could trade the barrel or sell it and get what I want (yet to be decided).

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I am the wrong person to say no to another Encore, or G2 for that matter. If the rifle is in good shape that sounds like a fair price to me. Stay Safe!
FM

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Maybe $500 to be safe. You can always sell the frame for $250, barrel for $150 and stock set for $100 without too much trouble.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I offered him $500 and he accepted but said he would have to take the scope off of it which was an early Bausch and Lomb 2-8 so I said $550. was fine. I asked if it were sighted in and he said yes. We met at a local gun range and shot the rifle. Using Remington 130 gr. factory ammo I put two in 3/4th of an inch at 100 yards. So that was that. I like the scope as it is a pretty compact optic and really clear glass. The Encore itself has no engraving of the "Pro Hunter" logo on it, locks up very nicely.

·
Premium Member
5,135 Posts
One of the very best things about the Encore is being able to pick up barrels in whatever cal. you wont and don't have to hunt very hard for them MGM or Ed's contenders in Oklahoma can fix you with anything you wont and at a fair price. Of course if they quit making the Encores down the line barrels will dry up like they have for the old TCR 83/87 and prices will sky rocket.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
391 Posts
Buy it, ship the barrel to JES, enjoy your new 338/06 in less than 2 weeks. Easy Peasy.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a .223Rem Encore in stainless with a lefthanded thumbhole stock and a long beavertail forward piece. Either a 24" or 26" barrel; I can't remember. It's dam-ned accurate. Really brings the pain to rabbits and squirrels...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts