Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I could get one of these and how much they are running? the first place that came to my mind was Eds but I havent been able to reach him, Thanks for any help

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bullseye - how is that working for you? I'm really tossed as to which way to go Contender barrel or Savage Striker (I know swearing is not allowed - but it's still a handgun!) Talk me into a barrel or wish me good luck on a new gun. I'm looking for a groundhog gun for short range (50-160 yards).

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Bullseye - how is that working for you?

Well, I can tell you about how good a group it shoots, but I have yet to shoot anything with it. My wife has shot the wings off a few butterflys, but I am not sure that counts.

At 50 & 100 yards a 5 shot group less than an inch is a regular occurence.
The thing has no kick at all so you can lay that 14" barrel on a sandbag and the grip on another sandbag and pull the trigger. Last time I shot it I got a .5" group at 100 yards. When I bought it from Ed he told me that he had been shooting cycata's (have not idea how to spell that) at 100-125 yard with a contender carbine.

I really like it. It is just a fun non kicking gun to play around with that just happens to be very accurate.

Did I sell you on the barrel. If not, go for the Striker. It is really a personal choice. Mine is a T/C factory barrel, but I did see last week where Bulberry has 10.5" barrels on sale for around $235 I believe it was. That might not be bad, because the 14" tube with that small of a bore is heavy gun, but that does make it work well from a rest.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Gonna go with the Striker................talked a friend into the Contender barrel :grin: This way I'll get the best of both worlds, and if the Striker doesn't keep up with the Contender............BYE-BYE. Thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.