Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct me to finding a CVA Mountain Stalker in Youth? I have a 7 yr old to buy for but don't want to cut down a stock and bbl. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looking for a CVA Mountain Stalker in Youth

Try going to CVA's web site,and search for local dealers.
I just checked and all they list is a youth hunter, it doesn't say moutain stalker though.
A shop near me has a Traditions youth model in .45,sidelock.
I started my 9yr old this year with a Traditions St.Louis hawkin in .50.
He can handle the .50 with light loads well enough although it's a mite heavy.I would have gotten the youth model but my search was complicated by trying to find a lefty.
I did cut the stock to add a cushined pad and shorter draw.
He just shoots at the range off a bench so the weight isn't that big a deal now,he'll grow into it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply johnt. I too have lefty sons and had to give up on a youth lefty version. Oldest son just turned 13 has has hunted the last 2 seasons with a full size inline, 3 deer total so far. My youngest is set on a percussion model. Thanks for the input, sduve

·
Registered
250 Posts

sduve..... You really might want to consider the CVA Youth Hunter. It is about the same as the Mountian Stalker but has a shorter wooden stock with a recoil pad. The barrel also has a 1-48 twist which should be a little better for patched round balls than the Mountain Stalker's 1-28 twist. Bass Pro has both in their catalog. The Youth Hunter is about twice the price of the Mountain Stalker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.