Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while back I got a niceish scope in trade, and want to use it on one of my handis. Scope has a 50mm objective so I ordered some warne high rings to see if they'd be enough, but they were way short and I don't want to bob the hammer that much. Interestingly when I compared them to some Leupold medium qd rings, they seemed to be the same height. Would be awfully nice if these things were standardized.

I looked through some of the rings discussions in the past, but didn't see too much discussion of 50mm objective scopes in my glance through. Barrel has sights, but the scope is pretty long so the bell should clear those. Hoping someone around has some good recommendations about rings that have worked for them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
739 Posts
i have used weaver high rings on 50mm scopes on the handis. they are as tall as some but taller than others. also it depends where the eye piece winds up. some times it winds up behind the hammer and ya dont need as tall. i also like the weaver steel rings, again not crazy tall but just enough.

·
Super Moderator
51,371 Posts
Objective diameter makes little difference usually due to the chamber swell and base height (unless the barrel has a rear sight), ocular bell/power ring diameter are the interference points when scoping a Handi, here's a 50mm Whitetail Classic mounted in medium Burris Signature Zee rings on my 280, I use Medium Burris Signature Zee or low Burris Zee rings almost elusively, prefer extra low is they still made them.

Tim

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Reactions: 336ER

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the picture, I'll fiddle around with it tonight and see if I can position it to fit with a couple different sets of rings I have here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use the Weaver 4X4 rings in high for all of my 50mm scopes, and they allow enough clearance to keep from touching the hammer.

I just went and looked, and even the closest one still has well over 1/8" clearance between the hammers and scopes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts