Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read Cap's news link and seems that the Chinese are holding out till the value of the dollar drops so they can make more money. Cap's out to loose $100K if that happens.

Can't see much happiness in this event. Would have been nice....

ÇR

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Over on the SASS wire it seems that a lot of cowboys that have been on the 87 waiting list are willing to come up with the extra cash the shotgun will probably cost.

Sounds like this may help Cap.

ÇR

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm on the waiting list - even at 20% more, it's still a good deal. Maybe Cap should send an e-mail to those on the list to see who would be willing to deal with a price increase? I'm sure most would understand.

I've been holding off buying another shotgun for CAS, awaiting the '87. Been using my Son's. Would rather pay the increase vs. waiting longer, or getting nothing at all.

·
Administrator
26,059 Posts
Kinda hard for me to have sympathy for someone trying to make money selling guns made by slave labor in China. The more stuff China sells the more slaves they can afford to keep in rice so they can make more money. When you deal with the devil you some times get burned.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Cap is a good pard, and although I'm not on the list at all, I'm gonna send him an e-mule and let him know that I'm willing to take up the slack if a pard drops out. He's gone to the wall for us Cowboys, I reckon I can can pony up a bit in return.

Happens that I shoot with Cap ocassionally and I have one of his full race 97s. It's like nuttin I ever shot before! :-D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, right after I read it I sent Cap an email and said I'm still in. Looks like a bunch of others have done the same thing.

When you think about it all I have invested right now is $50 deposit and I know Cap is good for it iffn (love cowboy terms) I back out. This money has been well spent just watching it develop--the hopes, set-backs, down right confusion. Better than watching TV.

Think some have given up but also think I read that a bunch more are ready to fill in the gaps even at the new price. Heck I don't think I'll live long enough to see it and the wife has already said she's asking for the deposit back on the way to the graveyard--cell phone and all :grin:

ÇR

·
Registered
151 Posts
I sent Cap an email and said I'm still in
Cheyenne,

Thanks for the idea - I just dropped him a note to tell him I'm still in and has my support.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have you seen his News Update lately? Looks a little more optimistic!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I monitor Cap's site every so often. It's the best that has come out of there in a long time.

Still will be a bit skeptical till I have it in my hands, though :grin:

cr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts