Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can get a quick detach lug screw? Like one with a large diam finger/thumb base that you can remove by hand?
Hope that can put what i want down on paper. I dont know any other way to explain it. LOL ;D
Thanks!
Hank.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup! That looks like it will work! Now, will any hardware store have em or do i gota order em? Whats the thread measurement for the lug screw anyway? Thanks for the help! ;D
Hank.

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts
As usual, forend screw size is listed in the FAQs! ::)

¼"-20

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! Thanks Tim! I appriciate it so much!!!! ;D
Hank.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Chances might be slim that you would find them at hardware stores but industrial fastener stores or a place like Grainger would have them.
The previous picture was taken from an online fastener company.
Grainger Thumbscrews

Another idea* Found this one doing a search for "plastic knob thumbscrew":

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
They can usually be found at Lowes or Home Depot, a GOOD hardware store might have them.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, I found one like the ones to the left of the ones circled in the second pic. It was .50$ so i bought it. I dont like it though. I do however like the ones like the first picture. But... I aint gona pay no 20 bucks for 5 of em :-[. LOL ;D Thanks for the help tho. I think i will just have to wait till i make it down to Denver. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts
I've bought some stuff from www.smallparts.com they're good to do business with and have a lot of cool stuff at prices a hobbyist can live with. ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I had thought about doing that with a knurled screw, did it, but then could not figure out where to hold the rifle and not ding my fingers up on the screw during recoil.

So I went back to the recessed screw.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts