Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK! I guess it is time for me to quit LURKING and actually make a quick posting. Again, I apologize for not being here much recently. Still fighting an uphill battle trying to keep ahead of the furs coming in. After losing two freezers, I decided to lease 10 lockers to keep pelts in until spring when I might get a chance to work them. :wink:

I have been reading the postings concerning reasons for leaving another forum. I think GB, Rick, and myself welcome all to this forum. Whether you use another is your perogative and choice. Personally, I do check others occasionally as do many of us. I would hate to see any bickering, slamming, or flaming on this forum. Lively discussion is one thing, but when it comes to just running someone else down or getting into "mud slinging", I do not think that serves any purpose except to lessen the objective of this forum. I do not know how Rick feels, but I will not hesitate for one moment to delete threads which jepordize the effectiveness and objectives of this forum. I hope we are all here to share, teach, learn more. I know I sure need to learn more and hope this forum will teach me some things I don't know. But are we teaching the right lesson when we "fight" ? I don't think so!

A couple of you may have been trying to reach me by email in the last few days. If so, and I have not returned your email, it is not because I am avoiding you. If you have tried to reach me and get no response--please check your computer for a virus. I have had two members who have emailed and my ISP quarantined the emails before the got to me. I know the senders but cannot read the msg. since that would infect my system and the Postini will not allow the email to reach me.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Joe:
Those e-mails you received probably were not from members anyway. Seems the antis have borrowed names from the forums, including my own, and are sending out e-mails with legitimate sounding subject lines like "trappers Assoc." I even got several e-mails in one day from myself!!!
Ace

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ditto what Asa is saying, I've gotten more "Virus Detected" Emails in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past 2 years, some attempting to camoflage themselves behind some of the common user names on the trapping sites. One said, "hey....gotta luv these new traps, check out the attached photo's".....yea right. These note's waste my time for almost 2 seconds a day. Stupid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts