Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a m77 in 30-06.I love the lightweight gun.When I go to the range,after only 3 shots I have a pretty warm barrel.Is there any ideas that can help this.When I try shooting more rounds it gets real hot and irratic shooting.This is the model that has (in my mind) a very light barrel,maybe too light to keep cool.? :? Thanks

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
I would stick with 3 shot groups(maybe 5)---and let it cool completely between groupings.

Your rifle should be able to keep a good group for at least 3 shots----unlike the non-sence of Kimber telling a poster in another thread to let it cool completely between each shot.

Its a sporting deer rifle as opposed to a military autoloader----don't expect it to rattle off rounds all day with ease----but 3 shots and then cool it down you should be fine.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have the 270 version... I use it as a mountain rifle for deer. It is super accurate for 1 or 2 rounds, and then walks all over the place. I got no problems with the gun, because I'm only interested in fine deer rifles...
which it is. On those rare occasions when I want to "plink", I get cheap 30-06, and head to the range with my Mark V, which shoots everything great
hot or cold... Yes, my m77 lightweight has put plenty of steaks on the barbie! ONE SHOT............

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Yes, my m77 lightweight has put plenty of steaks on the barbie! ONE SHOT............"[/quote]

I have to say that you are right! This gun is so fast to position that it feels like its attached to my arm.It does shoot super groups up to 3 shots.When it comes down to dropping a deer I'm deadly :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
My Ruger Ultralight 257 Roberts is far and away my favorite gun. It is plenty accurate, good looking, handles and points like a dream and is easy to tote through the woods with a climbing stand strapped to my back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts