Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here make their own jacketed bullets? Meaning using a jacket, seating a core them pointup?

I make my own for my shooting.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I started swaging bullets in the 70's, but haven't bothered to make any for a while now...

DM

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I didnt see there were responses earlier. I make mostly 6MM in the 65 to 68 grain range. I have Detsch dies, with a 7 ogive point die. I also have an Ulrich double radius 9/7 point die. I have both flat base and boat tail dies. I use J4, Hines or Sierra jackets. I squirt my cores using 1/2% antimony wire.

I also have a set of Blackmon 22 dies, but don't make many of those. These are steel dies and makes a 7 ogive bullet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I make mostly 22 in 6 ogive but have made 8 and 12 rebated boattail too. 6mm 8 ogive, 8mm 6 ogive, and .358 4 ogive. I'm using a Corbin press with his steel dies.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I make 223 out if 22lr brass they for the most part drop a 53gr bullet just ordered some 44 mag dies looks like I will get a lot of use out of them seeing how I have 3 long guns and 2 pistols to feed I think my next set will be some 30 cal dies. I do like to sit around in the evenings doing this hobbies of ours D Crockett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts