Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returned from one of the hardest drives of my life taking Marley in this morning to be put down after losing a health battle. Recued him from the local shelter about 12 years ago at one year of age. He was going on 13. The picture is from when we first let him out of the car coming home from the shelter. Very sad but relieved for him to as he had no quality of life left.
DSCN0500.jpeg

GuzziJohn

·
Registered
29 Posts
Keep your chin up partner!! Maybe some good bourbon and beers if your into that, and look back at some good pics of the pup before bed! It will only get better! Then when the time is right, rescue another! Remember he's in a better place. Take care out there.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Sorry to hear about your good friend Guz. Life is a blessing and death is always close but we still go forward in faith and have God's promise for our future. I think you will see Marley again when you go to heaven.

Take care,

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for your loss , my good friend Rjay passed last Tuesday , would have been 16 in this summer. One of the hardest tasked was digging his grave. When you first get these dogs you have no idea how attached you will become . Just remember how much joy he brought to your household.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to hear this!!! We lost our female in November and the house just doesn't feel the same....take care...

·
22,905 Posts
I feel for you. We put down the best dog in the world about 3 years ago to the day. His ashes are still sitting in a wooden box my son made for it. My asses will go in that box and ill be burried with him. We have a new buddy now. Love the crap out of him but old elmer still brings a tear to my eye when i think of him today. Some dogs are just special and it looks like you had your one in a lifetime friend. To a dog guy its like loosing a child.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Losing good friends just sucks. Sorry for your loss. It's a rough road to travel, but you have good memories to keep you company on this trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts