Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 45/70 guide gun in stainless. Does anyone know what they are selling for , i cant find it on the wal-mart website i wonder if they can get these . How about Dicks or Gander Mt. , i dont have any of these stores near me does anyone know the price. Thanks Tanoose

·
Registered
324 Posts
last i looked they were listing at 650....but i bet if you got a good mom n pop store that doesnt mass merchandise....you could get it around 599....

that was last year that i saw one at the local gun shop...i opted for the blued one and paid 519 for it.

they may be higher since then.

·
Registered
324 Posts
:shock:

i stand corrected...the msrp is 805.00.

i dont know what they are going for in the real world though. maybe i shoulda got that one a year ago for 650....lol.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Marlin Lever Action Centerfire Rifles

tannase

There was two at the last gun show in Amarillo, Tx for 450.00 Also had a used 444 for 375.00 and like a fool i didn't pick it up, Was in real good shape. I got one for 375.00 at a gun show with a box of shells minus 3 the man said it wasn't what he expected, said the 45-70 kicked too hard. I think if you look around you might find one in the range of from $ 4 to 500.00. Good luck.........Joe..........

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll make a couple of calls and i'll try the walmart store tomorrow. Walmart sells the 1895g (blued model) for $429.00 so i would figure 500-529 tops . Ill post the prices by friday . Thanks Tanoose

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Hog that sounds about right i didn't get a chance to stop at walmart but Dell Sports in upstate NY sells them for $500.00 so dicks and walmart should be in that ball park.I did check with campsite in Huntington and he gets $629.00 as do most shops on Long Island so Dell sports in Margerettesville has the best prices around. He also has a Marlin 336 stainless in 30/30 for $330.00 not sure if thats a good price or not but i would bet that it is. I beleive he charges $5-10 above what it cost him in shipping . He ownes the store and property so thats why he can aford to do that . Hear on Long Island i think stores pay $2,000.00-$4,000.00 per month in rent so they usualy charge $150 and more above there cost.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I paid $375 6 years ago when they first came out. I only say that to say this; whatever you pay you will love it. It is by far my favorite hunting gun for anything. I have a bunch to choose from but I keep going back to my blue ported 45/70 Guide Gun w/XO scout mount and Leupold IER on top. If I could only have one rifle, you guessed it, my Guide Gun.
I may buy another in SS if my wife looks the other way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts