Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really interested in a Marlin 1895 - the one that has the pistol grip and the 22" barrel - not the guide gun. Any gunsmiths out there, or anyone else know if it'd be possible to put a full-length magazine on one if I was to get one? I like the look of the full magazine rather than the 2/3 or whatever it is. Anyone own one? I'm wondering how well they shoot also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't have the 22" one, I have the full length 26" Cowboy model. I much prefer the full length magazine, too.

I think the .45-70 shoots really nice out of my rifle. Recoil is pretty low, and more of a push than a kick.

There are a few people doing full magazine conversions, I believe. Wild West Guns comes to mind. However, I think you may find the conversion cost to be prohibitive.

Let us know what you find out?

~Robert
Denver, CO

·
Registered
4 Posts
full legnth magazine for Marlin

I wanted the same thing, full magazine and pistol grip. About 3 yrs ago, marlin did a run of them, called the 1894 II. Its the exact rifle you want, full legnth magazine instead of 3/4, and the marlin pistol grip. Try one of the Auction sites, one may pop-up

·
Registered
913 Posts
My 1895SS is very accurate shooting both 300 grain or 405 grain factory loads. The recoil is very modest, like was already said, a shove rather than a sharp jab. I see no reason to use heavier than factory loads for deer, it already drops them in their tracks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
On a tip from Mikey, I contacted montanarifleman.com who advised that they will do a full-length mag tube on a Guide Gun for $100 + shipping. Marlin also made full-length tubes on their limited-production 1895 LTD III and LTD IV. You can find some of these on 0n-line auctions, but their rather spendy...to me, anyway. But I'm thinking 1895 Cowboy now. 9 shots of .45-70 and perfect balance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts