Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a used Marlin 1895CB in .45-70 this past weekend. It was at a local gun show and was an impulse trade. It's "JM" stamped, in good shape, and has a 26" octagon barrel. I hope to put new wood on it eventually. The previous owner sanded the butt stock and forearm. The butt plate is now proud of the stock, which has a coyote crudely carved into it.

Anyone else have one of these rifles? I haven't fired it yet but am looking forward to do so. I'd enjoy reading of personal experiences with these guns.

Thanks,

Cleburne

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I'd probably get a long leather buttstock cuff to cover up the coyote.
Maybe even try my hand at leathercraft and make it myself. Buckskin with some fringe might look cool on that long gun.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I briefly had one of the first 1895 LTDs with the half round, half octagon barrel. I wish I'd kept that one myself. Didn't get to use it, but it cycled well with no glitches. If your's runs rounds through it well, the good for you. The CB is a beautiful gun. Like a good lookin woman, it'll make you want to spend more money dressing it up than you really should.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have one I bought it used and the previous owner decided to put a crescent stock on it. I picked up a factory stock from eBay and replaced it. Great shooter love mine

Sent by Mortar Fire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts