Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have wanted one since they out and finally one came home with me today ;D i just like that long barrel. i put a 3200 elite scope on it. range report later

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
man they didnot lie when they said this gun can shoot. 1/2'' groups at 100 yards. even with the barrel hot the groups would only spread to about 3''. now to get a deer to walk in front of me.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Nice & congrats on the purchase, I've had my eyes set on the same gun except in .35 Rem

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i looked at the 35 rem. but i have a 3030 contender that likes the new bullets so it nice to have a rifle and pistol to shoot the same round ;D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on the XLR. They are real shooters with that LeverEv ammo. Incredible.

Only thing I didn't like at first was the laminate stock. Kinda greyish and odd looking to me at first. I was over it in no time flat though. Not an issue anymore...especially after firing that first group... :)

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle. I don't think you can go wrong with any Marlin 30-30. What kind of ammo were you using? I have a regular 336W and it loves the Federal 170gr round nose $10 box cheapo rounds. Couldn't be happier with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts