Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1895 GS Marlin. I am thinking of putting in a couple of aftermarket parts. I am looking at the Wild West Guns Trigger Happy trigger and the heavy duty one piece ejector and there is a light weight hammer spring too.

Do you guys have any experience with these parts? If you do, please post up and let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Jay

·
Registered
157 Posts
Marlin/ Wild West 1985 parts and your exper

Jay-

No personal experience with those parts. But, you might try the same question over on the Marlin Forum as several of those guys have installed the parts you mention and discussed them on previous threads.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Matt, I have have registered there and then tried to loging in and I can't get on. There is something wrong with my password. I have tried contacting Marlin on this problem and can't seem to get a hold of anyone.

Anyway, I will check it out...

Thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
157 Posts

Jay-

I understand about difficulty with that site. Seems that you're not the first I've heard of to have that problem.

I can tell you that the trigger and ejector are highly recommended on that site by many who have installed them; however I have never saw any good or bad posts about the hammer spring. Not speaking from personal experience just what I have read in posts their by members who claim to have installed those products in their Marlins. Also, the DRC Glove loop lever is the prefered after market lever for use with gloves. It's not as big and "John Waynish" as the WWG version.

I hope to install some of these parts on my 336D and 1895GS in the future but for now money is so tight I'm barely able to make the layaway payment on the GS :oops: .

Hope this helps and keep your head down!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Aftermarket parts ??'s..........

Can someone tell me more about the "DRC Glove Loop Lever" that Dutch4122 is talking about for the Marlin lever action!??

I have a Marlin Guide Gun and a larger lever loop on it would surely fit my XL size hands better then the stock lever loop. But, I don't really like the Wild West Guns lever loop, it's just a little to big for my taste.

But I did have WWG install their "trigger happy kit", pachmyar decellerator pad w/o steel insert (makes it much softer), skeletonized front sight hood, and a green fiber optic front sight bead! I'm really happy w/all the work they did on my GG! :grin:

I look forward to any information on the DRC Lever Loop!
Del

·
Registered
157 Posts

Del-

Brownell's carries the DRC Glove Loop Lever. They have six different models to fit Marlin's of different configurations. Go to Brownell's website and type in "CUSTOM MARLIN BIG LOOP LEVER" on a product search. That should bring the DRC Glove Loop Lever up.

If not, here are the Brownell's stock numbers for the different models:

100-000-543, 100-000-544, 100-000-545, 100-000-546, 100-000-547, 100-000-548.

Price for all is $125.00

These Big Loop Levers from DRC are not as big as the WWG Big Loop Levers. They seem to be just what you are looking for.

Hope this helps, :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
big loop lever.......

Dutch4122 & Ka6otm,
Thank you for the information on the DRC big lever loops, it looks like just the ticket for me!! That should complete the upgrades to my Guide Gun, (at least untill I get rich and shell out the bucks for the "take-down" conversion from DRC or Wild West Guns)! :wink:

Thanks again, Del

·
Registered
157 Posts

Del-

Let us know how you like the DRC Large Loop Lever. Like I said, I've never seen a bad word written about them.

I'd love to hear what you think of all the other "mods" as well. I'm considering the same for my 336D and my 1895GS when I get it out of layaway.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Guide Gun mods....

Forgot to mention that I put a WWG "Bear Proof" ejector in my Guide Gun also, it is one solid piece CNC machined, made in blued & stainless. And I installed a Ashley Outdoor "Ghost Ring" rear sight, it may not be real precise, but for snap shooting and moderate range it should be just the ticket. And since I bought this to take hiking a lot in Grizzly country I wanted something that was going to be quick into action!

I'll let you all know when I get the DRC Large Lever Loop, and what I think of it.

Later, Del

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hi guys,

Hey I wanted to pass on this link, http://www.marauder13.homestead.com/files/TUNING_M_1894.htm

Check it out! I went through my 1895 GS and did all of the tuning steps in that link except for the tuning of the trigger and the sear. These steps really smoothed out the lever operation on my rifle. My trigger still feels heavy but I will fix that when I have the bucks to order the trigger happy, trigger from Brownell's.

As far as the bigger lever loops go, I find that I put only my middle and ring finger through the loop and that is quite comfortable to me. Maybe I am doing something wrong I don't know but for now I am not going to invest in the larger lever.

Well thats it for now. I am heading out to do some shooting today. Take care guys.

Jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts