Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members: I really like Marlins rimfires, but I wish they would produce a flush clip magazine instead of the lengthy protruding ones that are made now. I would gladly give up a couple of rounds of capacity to have a rifle that not only looked better but was also easier to carry. Yeah, I know that they make tubular magazine versions, but they are limited in models/calibers and aren't as easy to unload.
Just venting after perusing Marlin's catalog .... :?

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
my clip fed Marlins hold 7 rounds and they never gave me any pause to complain...yet I wouldn't complain if they were 5 round flush models.
If you can't get he game with 5 rounds...2 more won't help.....LOL

·
Registered
197 Posts
What I can't understand is why Marlin has never made a flush clip. This has been an issue for years and it would be a very simple matter to produce a four or five round clip that was flush. Those who wanted one, could get it.....those who wand capacity, could get that too.

We are not talking about a big expense in tooling to do it.....so, why haven't they done it?

hog

·
Super Moderator
51,195 Posts
Because those that don't want a smaller clip want a larger 10-shot clip, the 7 shot is a good compromise. I like the shortened mags myself, but removing the mag works too when I sling the rifle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts