Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
DD, I'm sure you mean how sharp the images are, etc. but anyway here's the list, which you may already have. Personal opinion, regardless of how nice or not they may look, is that this is an expensive way to go especially if you want any of the Mordecai plates (Artillery for the US Land Service) since you can already either get the AOP booklet, or the National Archives microfilm with all the plates, for a lot less. It does appear he's been into the archives and copied a fair number of drawings that may not be available elsewhere.

http://www.marylandsilver.com/ordnance.htm

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
It happens that I very recently ordered five of their ordnance drawings which are available only from them. I will let you all know what their quality is on these when they arrive. I was so impressed with that huge Garrison Gin we saw at Fort Point under the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco Harbor, that I just had to know the dimensions of all that hardware.

Tracy and Mike

·
Super Moderator
17,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cannonmn said:
DD, I'm sure you mean how sharp the images are, etc. but anyway here's the list, which you may already have. Personal opinion, regardless of how nice or not they may look, is that this is an expensive way to go especially if you want any of the Mordecai plates (Artillery for the US Land Service) since you can already either get the AOP booklet, or the National Archives microfilm with all the plates, for a lot less. It does appear he's been into the archives and copied a fair number of drawings that may not be available elsewhere.

http://www.marylandsilver.com/ordnance.htm
John,

AOP doesn't have the guns I am looking at and National Archives doesn't have a branch office in Cut Bank where I can spend a couple of days looking for what I want.

·
7,221 Posts
AOP doesn't have the guns I am looking at ...

He does have material on guns that are not on the published list. You should always ask him before looking elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts