Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's here folk's. On your smart phone.... go to settings, privacy, health. We will be tracked like the Chinese are very soon!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
You think we haven't been tracked for some time already? If you had been paying attention, you would have caught tidbits of information from news articles of them using devices like Stingray to trick your phone, Carnivore to intercept comms with key words, and now mobile phone location data (without any apps on your phone). This app is supposedly to warn you if you are close to a positive person, which throws HIPAA out the door.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I'm aware we have been tracked for years. This is the first they've actually started showing it. Like every other illegal thing they've done, it's all in the name of safety. What a crock of s**t.

·
Registered
107 Posts
All the more reason for me NOT to have a cell phone. I lived for 60 years without one, so I think I can go my remaining years without one too.

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Administrator
26,045 Posts
Does your car have gps?? Will your wife leaver her phone at home ????
I don't own a car but my truck does not have GPS and neither me nor my wife have a cell phone to leave home or take with us.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So can you just turn it off?
For now yes you can. I don't like they snuck it in an update. Eventually there will be no off option.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Code:
I don't own a car but my truck does not have GPS and neither me nor my wife have a cell phone to leave home or take with us.
You are one of the few. The majority of people feel they need to be in constant contact with someone, just look at all the people talking/texting on their phones while driving. :tango_face_sad:

My truck has gps/mapping and satellite radio, and I have a cell phone. Wife wants me to have one so she can call me to tell me to stop and get some more milk, etc., on my way home from the gun range. I usually leave the phone in the truck. My truck does have bluetooth capabilities, so my phone is linked to the truck as my state has "hands free" laws, but not enforced. Luckily, I don't get many phone calls or texts as I spent the majority of my employed career on a telephone, so I'm not a huge fan of them anymore. :tango_face_grin:

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Yeah but you have a computer, started this website and post on it daily. They know plenty about you and when you are home. George Orwell was just a few decades off... Unless you have a much older vehicle I'm betting there is some form of tracking on it regardless if you have a nav system or not.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
90 F150, no tracking of any kind. 02 Lincoln LS, no tracking of any kind. Can't track the motorcycles either.

I have been considering a new vehicle in the next year or so, but can't make up my mind for sure. You can't get a car without some sort of built in GPS and push button start. I just don't trust the government or technology for my safety.

The cell phone is the only device I can be tracked with, but I keep location services turned off which supposedly disables the GPS. It can theoretically still be tracked by cell tower triangulation, but it isn't precise, just gets you within a certain area. You can always power it off.

But then that begs the question, am I important enough that someone is actually taking the time to track me? I am probably just a number in the databases.

Rosewood

·
Registered
63 Posts
Believe it or not, I have no reason to lie. ALL conversations on cell phones and devices, laptops, etc are being monitored automatically by AI technology. The data centers that have been built by the thousands recently, and you wouldn't recognize them if you if don't work in the industry, are set-up to be prompted by key words phrases, for national security, of course. When a potential threat is detected, the conversation is recorded and stored in the massive gargantuan system that is in place. No tin foil hat or conspiracy theory here. That's how you get alerted when your CC is hacked. It's working FOR YOU!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
That is a violation of the 4th Amendment. We need to get lawyers and take it to court. Do you have the hard proof or can you get it?

Rosewood

·
Registered
859 Posts
PBS had a special about the phone conversation filtering over 10 years ago and they even showed the buildings where the filtering was done and results stored. One was in Terre Haute, IN.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I'm so boring I've been relegated to the trashbin by the filtering services long ago. I had a conversation this morning when I left the range for home. It went like this, "I'm on my way home." Wife, "OK, see you ." Who the heck would care about that?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm so boring I've been relegated to the trashbin by the filtering services long ago. I had a conversation this morning when I left the range for home. It went like this, "I'm on my way home." Wife, "OK, see you ." Who the heck would care about that?

Big Brother.....he's watching you know....:tango_face_crying:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts