Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always surprised at how little is posted on the New England thread. I guess I need to post something. I had some luck in Massachusetts yesterday. I got this bear at 8:20 Wednesday morning. He was working his way down an oak hill when I first saw him. When he stopped I shot and he ran about 20 yards or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Tony, your one of the bessed ones. not to many bears taken in mass. with it limited to spot and stalk, they see hunters long before we see them. congrats

·
Premium Member
9,715 Posts
Congrats Tony, any bear taken in Mass is a trophy. That will definitely be good eating.

I had a bear encounter the day before you took him, I was on a backcountry hike in the White Mountains by myself. I stumbled across a mama bear and her cubs. Mama gave me a false charge, I pulled out my .38 Special carry gun and gave her some space. She waited for her 3rd cub to come down out of the tree and they all took off. I have a bear tag but I'm glad I didn't have to fill it that way. I was miles from the trailhead and I would've had to drag her up and over a mountain to get her out of there. I didn't want to orphan the cubs either. I have a spot closer to home that's full of bear sign that I've been hunting, it's full of blackberries so hopefully I'll get a chance to connect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts