Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call yesterday from micro soft. Told me i had a lot of things on the computer that i didn't need. Told me to hold down the bottom left second key and the R key. A box pops up and then i was suppose to enter some letters in the search box. Couldn't enter the letters she gave me. Told the non english speaking women i thought she was running a scam and hung up. Do you think it was a scam or was it legit? :-\

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
what version of windows do you have and do you have the automatic updates turned on ?

do you have any security , firewalls, anti-virus software installed, and running ?

microsoft does not call people and ask them to enter codes, tell them they have to many "things" on thier computer

"codes" do not remove software from computer hard drive or uninstall programs

microsoft does not determine what you need on your computer

yes you were being scammed

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scibar, I am running windows 7. I have superantispyware and Avast installed. Automatic updates did work but now i have to do it manually. How do i turn the automatic updates on? Sure don't remember turning them off.

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
Some non-engish speaking fellow has called me about five times this year. Says my Windows is sending messages that is has been hacked.

It is a scam for certain.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
no, your computer does send out messages either ??? ..
its shameful how these theives will prey on people who are unaware of some aspects of technology ..
id like to see them all sent off to a gulag in russia

1 - 10 of 10 Posts