Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Govanator pulled the trigger in the Micro stamping Bill. Now all semi-autos will have to have this feature. You may not care if you don't live here, but you might if it effects the price of a handgun everywhere! Why don't we just keep a data file of every ones DNA and fingerprints just in case they commit a crime??? Maybe we could imprint your tires in case your ever in a accident?? I'm sick and tired of these "Do Gooders" meddling into everyone else's lives....... Again, you may not care, but they're com'in at ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Why don't we just keep a data file of every ones DNA and fingerprints just in case they commit a crime???
Lol, they already do, and you would be Very suprised to learn just how good the chances are that your Already in the Database

Onstar and others like it are taking care of the accident thing... And they know Excatly where the vehical is at all times...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
Please explain microstamping. I'm assuming the boltface stamps the cartrige head with a unique number but am not sure how California plans to do it. How is it managed if one replaces the slide?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,301 Posts
If anybody had any lingering doubts about whether or not our fine governor is a RINO should now have the whole thing clarified for him/her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Castaway, Microstamping is the theory that if every semi-auto imprints an identifying number on empty cases ejected, a crime can be solved.

My problem with it is that the technology does not exist, gun manufacturers will have to invent it and if I wanted to commit a gun crime what would stop me from leaving someone elses microstamped cases?? You could easily collect other brass from the range.

These political dopes may just want to stop handgun purchases altogether........... Where's the NRA?? Where's all the other gun rights organizations. We're abandoned here in Kali-Fornia.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
Kalifornia is choking so much (blue) that they are almost beyond the help of even the largest organizations. I personally believe that microstamping is stupid. It ain't that hard to pick up your brass. No evidence. And it isn't really going to make gun prices everywhere go up. Here is the thing.. if you look at major gun manufacturers, most of them have a little label on their descriptions saying whether it is Kalifornia approved or not.

So they aren't going to start making all products so they can sell them all over. They are going to start making more expensive "kalifornia approved" products for kalifornia, and keep the rest as they should be. So really, californians are getting screwed, I mean not like they haven't been getting screwed when it comes to gun laws always... but once again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
This is Back Door Gun Control... Make Stupid laws that force Gun Makers to charge WAY to much for the weapon, and less people will buy them, Many manufacturers will not even Try to comply, and just Quit selling to that country.. Exactly what they want !
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
26,113 Posts
The technology to do this DOES NOT EXIST today and the manufacturers have already so stated. I do not believe the California market is large enough to justify the expense of trying to come up with the technology. What I expect to happen is the gun makers will just abandown California. What I don't understand is why the heck you gun owners haven't already done so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,315 Posts
What are the CA LEO's gonna do when the new microstamp guns are not available when it comes time to upgrade? Guess the bad guys will just switch to revolvers (no brass left behind). :eek: :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Graybeard is correct; the technology to do this does not exist. New Jersey, I believe, has the requirement on their books that 'when the technology becomes industry available' they will try and put in place the law, or a law, requiring microstamping.

Ace - I agree with you on the backdoor legislation attempts but not on the dna database. Fingerprints, yes. Anyone who has ever been printed for any sort of a background check is in the fingerprint database. Not so with dna unless you have willfully given a sample and then you are included in the same data base as convicted felons, rapists and child molestors and I wouldn't want my name associated with any of that crowd. I do not believe routine urine samples for regularly scheduled drug tests are included in the samples for dna testing. JMTCW. Mikey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,161 Posts
Its a simple salution!!! The FILM Industry in California will just have to write in a new scene on ALL their movies showing the bad guys picking up their spent brass, after-all it all goes straight up in the air, by the way they are holding the weapon it should all be in a neat little pile at their feet. But seriously I get a real kick out of some of the residents in california, if its DRY they want the rest of the country to subsidize them for their lost oranges and other vegetables, If its raining too much and they loose a few houses due to mud slides they want the rest of the country to bail them out, If they have too much smpg due to the 6 lanes of traffic sitting at a standstill on the interstates with 0ne person in each car and alot of them work at the same facility they want the auto manufacturers to build all the cars to relieve their own problem making all car purchasers pay, they keep voting in the kind of people they want and then when they turn out to be not what they really wanted the holler and want the rest of the country to help them out, after-all its a state problem not the countries, now I know I steped on some toes but it wasnt ment to be for all but to be read by all in california who might know someone who voted for what they got, just tell them to quit complaining you got what you asked for. JIM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
This is the height of irony in my estimation. This is a headline from CNN on Thursday 10-18-07 from one of the strictest gun law states we have. Why anyone wants to live with all those crazy people is beyond me.

"San Francisco City health officials took steps Thursday toward opening the nation’s first legal safe-injection room, where addicts could shoot up heroin, cocaine and other drugs under the supervision of nurses."
Funded by the taxpayers!!!!!!!!!
Take away guns but encourage public funded substance abuse!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
jhm said:
Its a simple salution!!! The FILM Industry in California will just have to write in a new scene on ALL their movies showing the bad guys picking up their spent brass, after-all it all goes straight up in the air, by the way they are holding the weapon it should all be in a neat little pile at their feet. But seriously I get a real kick out of some of the residents in california, if its DRY they want the rest of the country to subsidize them for their lost oranges and other vegetables, If its raining too much and they loose a few houses due to mud slides they want the rest of the country to bail them out, If they have too much smpg due to the 6 lanes of traffic sitting at a standstill on the interstates with 0ne person in each car and alot of them work at the same facility they want the auto manufacturers to build all the cars to relieve their own problem making all car purchasers pay, they keep voting in the kind of people they want and then when they turn out to be not what they really wanted the holler and want the rest of the country to help them out, after-all its a state problem not the countries, now I know I steped on some toes but it wasnt ment to be for all but to be read by all in california who might know someone who voted for what they got, just tell them to quit complaining you got what you asked for. JIM
Just another California OXYMORON. They keep making the horse sweat they call wine by the millions of gallons, go on TV about the wonderful and rich winemakers, but they want the Great Lakes States to pipe them water because there is a shortage. DUH.
Okay enough rants, I'm getting way of topic, sorry.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
How about the greedy Kalifornia farmers wanting to intimidate migrant workers to harvest their crops with in danger range of the fires going on out there?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
tomzuki said:
Castaway, Microstamping is the theory that if every semi-auto imprints an identifying number on empty cases ejected, a crime can be solved.

My problem with it is that the technology does not exist, gun manufacturers will have to invent it and if I wanted to commit a gun crime what would stop me from leaving someone elses microstamped cases?? You could easily collect other brass from the range.

These political dopes may just want to stop handgun purchases altogether........... Where's the NRA?? Where's all the other gun rights organizations. We're abandoned here in Kali-Fornia.
The NRA or any other organization can't help you as long as you all keep electing the people you have making all there stupid California laws you all have there. I think all you gun owners need to move out of California and we put a fence around it and let them self destruct on there own. New Jersey is no better, if either of these States fell into the Ocean I am sure we would not miss them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
462 Posts
Guys, you sure are hard on California and apparently ALL of those who live here. Believe me, we're not all wackos...cut us some slack. I know, give me the name of your state and I bet it won't take long to for me find a few things you'd rather forget...huh?

Should I be embarrassed I live in a state that's the worlds fifth largest economy? Should I poo poo the fact live within hours of the Redwood & Sequoia forests, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Lassen Park, Napa Valley and the NorCal coast. I lived in CA, AR, MD, AL, NJ, OK, VA and passed through or spent a lot of time in other states...and I've taken a few good memories and a few bad memories with me when I left. Sure, I really WISH my second amendment rights weren't under constant assault (as yours are too friends), but the quality of my life and where I live is second to none.

...Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
Chris said:
Guys, you sure are hard on California and apparently ALL of those who live here. Believe me, we're not all wackos...cut us some slack. I know, give me the name of your state and I bet it won't take long to for me find a few things you'd rather forget...huh?

Should I be embarrassed I live in a state that's the worlds fifth largest economy? Should I poo poo the fact live within hours of the Redwood & Sequoia forests, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Lassen Park, Napa Valley and the NorCal coast. I lived in CA, AR, MD, AL, NJ, OK, VA and passed through or spent a lot of time in other states...and I've taken a few good memories and a few bad memories with me when I left. Sure, I really WISH my second amendment rights weren't under constant assault (as yours are too friends), but the quality of my life and where I live is second to none.

...Chris
I am glad you are happy with your State. But that does not take from the fact it is the biggest anti-gun State in the Union. No where did anyone say you are a bunch of wackos, that is just your perception. We are talking about your elected leaders, and if you voted for them, well I guess you can take offense to it and should reconsider who you vote for. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,461 Posts
To Chris, and anybody who wants to make a change. Let me tell ya what we do here in Ohio. I started riding Harley's in 1971. In Ohio, we had a helmet law at that time.In 1976, the bikers here in Ohio staged just 2 protest rally's. Both times we tied up Columbus for hours. 8,000 to 10,000 bikers standing at the state capital steps, made a big difference. We did it again about 18 or 19 years ago for some gun laws. The OGCA use to hold their gun shows in downtown Columbus, at a place called Veterans Memorial Coliseum. There was about 5,000 to 6,000 people went on that march.
Try and get something going to protest asinine gun laws. I don't care how big Arnold's muscle's are, he'll be squirting brown stuff if 10,000 of ya show up at his front door. Protest march's don't just work for the minority's. You'ld be surprised how a bunch of real honest to god, tax paying voters can make a change.- gypsyman
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
Illinois doesn't have a helmet law but, federal hi-way money is withheld because we don't enact one? I've rode Harley's for most of my life, started on a BSA 250 Scrambler at 16. Now I'm 59 and still riding iron horses. Our local(Heartland) ABATE motto is "Let Those Who Ride, Decide". Politicians aren't going to do that, for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,461 Posts
The federal govt. tried to blackmail our state the same way. Said, you can't get rid of the helmet law, we'll with hold highway funds. Except our state pays more into the federal fund, than it receives. So the governor at that time, Jim Rhodes, said, nay, we'll just keep our money, since we get back less than we put in. I don't need a bunch of bikers messing up the capitol. It ended up, he called their bluff. We still don't have a helmet law, and the fed's get their money, as that's all they want anyway. You just need a governor with a set of kahuna's. (by the way, he was Republican, and the president was Carter, maybe that explains it) -gypsyman
 
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Top