1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang :D

If you haven`t already heard, here`s the web site:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8276685/?GT1=6657&print=1&displaymode=1098

Thank`s to God the little boy was found. Now what I find amazing, was that for 4 nights and 5 days, he survied on his own without food or water :shock: Another thing, is down about paragraph 8, he says (Nunley, who had been following search crews on horses, said THE KID SAID HE SAW THE HORSES BUT WAS SCARED OF THE PEOPLE, DIDN`T WANT TO COME OUT BECAUSE HE DIDN`T KNOW IF THEY WERE SCARY PEOPLE.)

That could translate to maybe, the 4 nights and 5 days, he was along in the wilderness, that he may have run into bigfoot. Whatever the reason, he was a brave little boy, and God was with him.

Now, in these mountains where he was lost, there have been alot of bigfoot reports. below is some of the story`s.

http://www.gcbro.com/Utahsummitcty001.html
http://www.gcbro.com/UTutah001.htm

There was another little boy, lost up there last year, that has not ever been found.

bullet maker :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
The thing that sticks out the most to me on this deal is where the kid tells of hiding from the folks that were searching for him.

He's lost, he's scared, hungry thirsty, etc, and he hides from the people that are looking for him.

Either that's a rather sad commentary on what has become of our society, or that's a weird little kid.....maybe both.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not as weird as you might think. :idea2: , I agree with what you said and I use to think the same thing as you did, that if a person is lost, then they would be more than happy to be found, by anyone. But come to find out, the opposite is quit true most of the time. That is they hide from their rescuers. Why :?: Well, it has to do with something in our syke.
If I can find the report from (Field and Stream), they had a very eye opening reason, as to why this happens. But basicially, the person is so ashamed, that he would rather hide, than be found. Now it goes, further than that, but basicially thats it.
example :idea2: I use to work with a guy that was a avid hunter. We were hunting one time, years ago down in southeastern Okla, in the hanoibi area 75 thousand acres. Well to make a long story short, he got himself lost. My first time down there ever, so I go back down the road to the game rangers house (about 10miles), and the game ranger, is waiting on me on the front porch of his house, drinking a cup of coffee. He looks at me and says, (come get in my truck), he already knew somebody was lost. He told me during the ride in the dark that my buddy would come out at such and such crossing, I thought he was way off, cause it was miles in the other direction that Dennis got lost.
As we sat their in his truck in the dark, he told me that when Dennis comes out of the woods, to not talk to him, cause he is going to be confused, and in shock. That Dennis is going to tell about some pretty wild things, and not to believe him, but dont call him on it, just let him talk it out.
Well sure enough, at 04:00 in the morning out stumbles Dennis, His jacket was gone, 30 degrees outside temperature HIs flash light was missing, he was just following the creek in the dark. He did have his rifle, barely, holding on to it by his wrist, while dragging the bottom of the stock on the ground, so any minute the rifle would have fallen off his wrist, and he would not have know it. His eyes, were hugh, and he was sweating badly. He got into the truck, and didn`t even see me sitting in the back seat. and then proceeded to tell some really wild stories, about how some wolfes had about got him, but he climbed a tree, and shot 3 of the 5. :oops: .
We took him to the hospital, and he recovered after, most of the day, getting his fluids replaced in him. He started out with a full canteen of water, but he had lost it also.
In essence, what that old game ranger told me was everbit true. Everything he said would happen, did.

Not saying this happens everytime, but it does happen.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well bulletmaker, when it comes to the psyche of a human being, there's certainly no end to the possibilities of strange behavior, and I for one would like to read that article you mentioned.

I can't believe that "most" of the time folks that are lost will hide from their rescuers.

I do understand that hypothermia and dehydration will cause an individual to act rather strangely, and maybe those maladies could come into play when somebody finds themselves lost.

I read where that young boy said that he hid from the folks that were looking for him because they were strangers. Now to me that's a sign of the times. We teach our kids to fear strangers, not to talk to strangers, because of all the damn weird baby raper types running around now days.
So here we have a young boy scout that's lost, and he has to hide from his rescuers because they are strangers.

Sad indeed.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey John :D
I agree with you, but I will try to find the article, that I mentioned, It will take some time, cause I can`t remember which issue it was in, and also, my wife made me give a bunch of them away to clean up my (snake pit hole), as she refers to my corner of read magazine articles.

But if you reread the article, I think it was paragraph 8, the boy said (he thought they was scary people). :shock: dont know what he meant by that. There are a couple of bigfoot stories, in that area, that I included with my post, so it could be possible that he had an encounter with bigfoot, er--maybe and maybe not. Another point of interest, was, that on tv. they showed a map, of the way he went, and it included crossing that swollen creek, which the deputies, said would be next to impossible, cause it was very high, due to run-off, that`s why they had people with canoes, looking for a body.
The guy that found the boy, said he was (wet, and muddy), so either he did in fact cross the creek, or was carried across by something. :eek:

Oh well, some drug store tabloid, well get the right answer :) :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep, your news story uses the word scary, but I've done some looking around, and I've found the following:

From CNN. The father said that the boy was doing what he had been told.
"If you get lost stay on the trail." "We've also told him don't talk to strangers." "His biggest fear was that someone would steal him."

When an ATV or horses came by he got off the trail....when they left he got back on the trail.

His uncle said his nephew may have been afraid to contact strangers because they weren't using the password the family had adopted.

That all sounds pretty typical of what folks teach their kids now days. With hindsight being pretty much 20/20, I'd think that the family wishes they had given the boy some good advice on what to do if he got lost in the woods. Perhaps those of us with kids and grandkids should use this as a good lesson for our own families. :grin:

According to the KUTV report from Salt Lake City, the young man went up hill instead of the normal downhill route taken when lost, and went away from the swollen river. He went up some 600 ft. and was wet and muddy from walking over wet ground.

I don't think bigfoot or any of his kin had any part in it. :D :D :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, thanks John :D
Ive read three different reports, and got three different versions, from the same story :) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts