Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Haven't figured it out yet as to what grounds they had to seize the rifle. No shots were fired. He was on his own property. The male did not point the rifle at anyone. They were not arrested or even charged with a crime. So just on a whim, the prosecutor orders the rifle seized. This leaves the home owners defenseless. I know they hired private security, but I would still be concerned with my safety.
Just sounds like a full overreach by the prosecutor.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Looks like virtue signaling by an overzealous prosecutor to me. PITA for the homeowners, though, any way you cut it.

·
23,845 Posts
Well, as I said in another thread. HE, is a "white male defense attorney" and the prosecutor is a "black, female, liberal, activist".

The legality is not even an after thought, and should answer ANY questions as to whether "SOME LAW ENFORCEMENT", will do as their told.

How hard is that to figure out?

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a good chance that they will never get that rifle back. What else could that couple do, just stand there and get beaten or possibly killed? Then the mob loots the house and starts it on fire, some of the mob were saying they were going to move into, and occupy the home. This entire event and its outcome is just insane, would it have been any different if that man had been holding a Winchester 94?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
So they just knocked on the mans door and demanded he turn over his rifle ? Has to be more to the story .

·
Registered
184 Posts
They had a warrant signed by the prosecutor and a judge to look for and take the rifle. Sure would like to know what the "Probable Cause" was to seize it... I could understand if it was used in a crime. But no crime was committed.
She, the prosecutor, left them with no way to protect themselves.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So they just knocked on the mans door and demanded he turn over his rifle ? Has to be more to the story .
From what I understand it was a search and seizure. But there was no crime commited by the couple.
Are the commie left going to use this as an example of how to disarm us?

·
23,845 Posts
They had a warrant signed by the prosecutor and a judge to look for and take the rifle. Sure would like to know what the "Probable Cause" was to seize it... I could understand if it was used in a crime. But no crime was committed.
She, the prosecutor, left them with no way to protect themselves.
Don't know the law in Missouri, but "brandishing", terroristic threat", ect could be the basis.

Was it right? No, but we're not expecting "right" in this case are we?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
convoluted thinking from the prosecutor...maybe even discrimination against defending property against protestors?

will property owners now lose the right to defend their property? will they have to surrender to protesters?

geeeeeeez...i can see it now:

PROTESTER: "Open up! we want your house. you have white priveledge! give it up!"

PROPERTY OWNER: "Why, certainly...come on in. take what you want."

·
23,845 Posts
Well, the whole thing beyond the lawyer defending his home is messed up.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
convoluted thinking from the prosecutor...maybe even discrimination against defending property against protestors?

will property owners now lose the right to defend their property? will they have to surrender to protesters?

geeeeeeez...i can see it now:

PROTESTER: "Open up! we want your house. you have white priveledge! give it up!"

PROPERTY OWNER: "Why, certainly...come on in. take what you want."
Can someone say Katrina?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Well, I do not think the DA there has a brain. IMO a judge should take one look and throw it out of court.

They did NOT shoot anyone.
They warned them off.

And IMO the mistake they made was going outside.

If any one of that crowd had actually broken down their door they would have been fully within their rights to shoot them dead.

But when it comes to weapons, you don't threaten, you don't bluff.
You sit quiet and leave it be.
Until violence is offered to you inside your own home. Then you explode into action, shoot to kill, do what you have to do.

But don't ever threaten or bluff.

Hard, yes.

·
23,845 Posts
The guys a lawyer in a million dollar home, in a gated community. He can go buy another rifle.

·
23,845 Posts
If they do, they'll have to make one up.

I think this case is gonna fizzle out.

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
Does anyone here really believe he only had one gun? I don’t.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts