Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He quit because the black football players weren't going to play, they claimed he didn't handle some racial incidents right. Some student is on a hunger strike. They're eating their own!! Love it. gypsyman

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Re: 'Ol Miss president quits

Awwww, boo hoo :'( A liberal college scum bag forced to resign by the very monster that he helped to create. Sounds like karma. He has reaped what he has sown.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

mcbammer, your right. I'm not a football fan, so get cornfused. ??? gypsyman

·
Registered
12,510 Posts

well. . .i'm not in charge, but if i were i'd
have to tell all involved to suck it up and
let's get down to biz doing what we're all
supposed to be here for, an education.
sports are secondary. if you can't do well
in your classes and are a functional illiterate,
well too blankety-blankin bad. don't let the
dorm room door knob hit ya in the a** on
your way out.

·
Registered
10,172 Posts

goodshot said:
bad precedent , letting the inmates run the asylum.

True, but universities have been doing that since the mid 60s. The hot heads and empty minds of those early protesters are themselves in charge now and they reap what they have sown. And, once again, our poor kids are largely lost, bewildered and iggerant of reality.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amazing how after the reality of 20 or 30 years of real life, so many of these kids turn conservative. They find out they get judged on their performance and work output, not the color of their skin or national heritage. gypsyman

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'd just do this, I'd just do that, just throw them out, just take their scholarships.

Somebody is really living in a fantasy world. The situations have been going on for months. Only made the local news not national after the football team stepped in.
Nothing about the actions that were taken had anything to do with black or white. It only had to do with GREEN.
The university would have had to pay out between $750,000 and $1,000,000 depending on who reported it if they didn't play against BYU. Plus it was a home game which meant lost ticket sales, concessions, local economy suffers, etc. etc.

If you want something to change, you have to grab hold of the right short-hairs and hang on tight. Actually sounds like some of these students that couldn't do well in classes and were functionally illiterate were pretty smart.

Deride and underestimate your opponent at your own peril.

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
Scholastic work is in a class room, not on the streets.

If those "pretty smart" kids think 'street smart' mob tactics are going to take them anywhere good in life they should have joined a street gang and avoided school.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I'd just do this, I'd just do that, just throw them out, just take their scholarships.

Somebody is really living in a fantasy world. The situations have been going on for months. Only made the local news not national after the football team stepped in.
Nothing about the actions that were taken had anything to do with black or white. It only had to do with GREEN.
The university would have had to pay out between $750,000 and $1,000,000 depending on who reported it if they didn't play against BYU. Plus it was a home game which meant lost ticket sales, concessions, local economy suffers, etc. etc.

If you want something to change, you have to grab hold of the right short-hairs and hang on tight. Actually sounds like some of these students that couldn't do well in classes and were functionally illiterate were pretty smart.

Deride and underestimate your opponent at your own peril.
Yes, that's the smart thing to do. Just give in to blackmail. What a genius. ::)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I don't begin to know the story but I have heard that some students have been harassing others with some pretty nasty stuff. That should have been stopped pronto.

As a father of 2 mixed raced kids I have seen some offhand comments as well as direct verbal attacks hurt pretty deep. There is no call for that.

The leaders of the place Should have addressed this problem and should have been willing to talk to students as long as they kept some decorum.

But I hope the students don't go overboard.

I just read this morning that the students, right after winning this issue, then threw out and locked hands against the press corps. I'm trying to understand that - in some ways I applaud them for maybe preventing a liberal press corps circus and gush-fest. But I fear they may just be exercising mob rule - a little drunk on power - and that could be very dangerous.

Racial slurs, epithets and threatening stuff shouldn't be allowed - but kids gotta toughen up too and not have a tantrum every time their carefully cultivated and grossly over-inflated "self esteem" is challenged.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
I understand where you are coming from, and I agree that there was something wrong but I'm wondering where this stuff got started. you have a student population of 27,000 whites, non Hispanic. You have 2500 blacks, non Hispanic.

Is the Klan at work there? ::)

There may be an entitlement attitude there that some have gotten tired of. It may also be a some black bully trying to intimidate some nerd and all he could do was smear feces on his door.

Racism is in the eye of the beholder sometimes it seems.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blacks took over South Africa with Nelson Mandela, after the white's had run it for a couple hundred years. That really worked out well for them hasn't it! ::) gypsyman

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.