Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored this fully functional model 37, sans stocks, on Saturday:

So, I'm looking at the usual places for a stock set for it - numrich and boyd's mainly. Neither of which even lists a rear stock for the 20 gauge frame, just the forestock. Is the buttstock universal between the various gauges or are the 20 gauge ones just long gone? I'm prepared to make my own, just checking if there's a commercial option I'm missing here.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Contact seller " W.G.P. LTD. " on gunbroker. He can likely set you up with the furniture you need. Not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer.

·
22,205 Posts
in great shape and original those 37s are becoming collectable. My guess is you could probably buy a new gun for what that parts gun would bring from a collector. Ive got a 20 and a 12 in the back of the safe. Take one out and compare it to a Harrington and Richards or any of the cheap single shots today and youll see why there going up I value. Want an example of young is dumb. I had another one back in my teens. A 20. Saw an article in one of the gun mags where some guy made himself a survial gun out of one. I did like him and sawed the barrel off to 18 1/2 cut as much wood off the forend as I could and cut a bit chunk out of the center of the but stock (Skeletonized:tango_face_surprise) Thought it was cool when I was 15. What I did was ruin a nice like new gun. gave it to someone. Don't even remember who!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have a 1962 vintage M37 20 ga youth model. Handy, but not finished nearly as well as my Dad's pre-war M37 12 ga. These were our rabbit hunting guns when we had a beagle and could step out the back door and start hunting. Condominiums there now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts