Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Held one of these in my hand today and really liked the way the gun felt and looked. Could have taken it out the door for $350, brand new in the box. Anybody had any experience with these?

alan

·
Registered
797 Posts
This is the same basic revolver as the model 66 other than the 65 doesn't have adjustable rear sight. I have a 4" blued model 66 and it seems to be 10' tall and bullet proof even with some really hot hand loads through it. I have put several hundred rounds through my 66 without a single hiccup. That seems to be the going price for a stainless version of this gun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have a model 65 and i'm quite pleased with it.

it's a quality, very accurate, DA revolver that i keep as a 'companion' to my marlin 1894c lever rifle.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I bought one in December. It had a problem with cylinder timing but I sent it back for repair & now it's fine. Unfortunately the turnaround time on the repair with shipping was about six weeks, far too long as far as I'm concerned. Nevertheless, it's a comfortable, accurate shooter. I have a total of 300 rounds through it.
GH1 :)

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I have a blued 65 and have never had a problem with it whether shooting heavy 357 loads or plinking with light 38 specials. It's been fun and reliable for me. I bought mine used and I paid $300 and it came with two leather holsters (Bianchi & Hunter) and 50 rounds of 357. I don't regret the expenditure one bit. My wife enjoys shooting it too because the grip size fits her smaler hands nicely. That in itself is worth $300. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts