Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would a model 70 classic featherweight in 30/06 be worth in near mint shape? I think it was made in late 90,s.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I've seen two, locally/recently, tagged at $500 & $525. YMMV, depending upon supply/demand in your area of the country.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
The Winchesters in general spiked and are now back down to more normal prices here in Wisconsin. I haven't been paying attention to Model 70s, but the 94s are now around half the price the were last year.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I just went to the local gun show here in Michigan, and I think those people were out of their minds and insane on prices of 94's and model 70's.
I could not believe it. I brought along a pre 64 model 94 just to see if I could find a receiver sight made out of steel laying around that would fit it, and got a couple of offers on it that was way to high...did not sell it though, I'm keeping it and shooting it.

I hope the market calms down this way on Winchesters, there are still a lot of them sitting in closets I would imagine.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Don't worry about it. I will bet dollars to donuts that both will be back in production in a couple of years. FN Herstal is already gearing up their South Carolina plant to produce a new Model 70. I don't think that a 94 will be far behind, and I really don't care where it is produced as long as it works.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Of course, the MSRP on the new Model 70's will be $1000 and up. Makes me think if one can actually get a Classic Featherweight for $500, that's a great buy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts