Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically from northeast bullet co. in a magnum handgun? do they foul a barrel ? Shoot straight?

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Gallahad: Moly coating on bullets seems to be a passing fad. From all the reports I have read and all theposts on these forums, moly coating may give you a small velocity increase although it didn't seem worth the effort to many of the posters, and it does collect in the barrel and is difficult to get out. A number of the folks who posted about it don't use moly coating any longer. HTH. Mikey.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe it is a passing fad.... I don't know. I do know, however, that I still use it in my 220 Swift. It really extends the number of shots between required cleaning.

As for how it shoots... about the same accuracy as far as I can tell.

Robert in the hills of NC

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I ruined the barrel on a .17 Rem. with Molly coated bullets. The Molly build-up in the barrel and I lost all accuracy. No amount of scrubbing the barrel could get it out. I did save the barrel by fire lapping it, but I`m sure that really shortened the life of the barrel. I will never fire a Molly coated bullet in any of my guns again. :evil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts