Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow handi owners!

Ok, so I fixed the barrel coming un latched problem, and I made up some hand loads.

Load specs:

Bullet: 50 gr. Hornaday V-Max
Powder: H380
Case: Remington factory ammo, reloaded once so far
Primer: CCI benchrest
OAL: 2.385"

Accuracy:

25 yards, 1 hole groups
100 yards, 3/8" groups

Trajectory seems very flat, it's only about 1/4" low at 100 yards from 25 yard sight in.
This gun is awesome. It's had 100 rounds through it, and is shooting great already!
So far I have done the free floating forestock mod, and put a 70$ wal-mart scope on it.

Not bad for the money I have into this gun.
Next is a trigger job, and a different stock set.

Thanks for all your help so far, couldn't do this without all of your support!

Rick

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
What kind of stocks are you going to put on er!? ;D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Powder charge I'm using 38 grains, but my scale was a little off on calibration, so i am thinking about 41 grains is more what I was shooting...

But I re calibrated the scale, and I will see what kind of groups I get with a true 38 grains.

I am thinking about either a nice wood thumb hole stock set or the choate synthetic stock set....

I think I might want to do a camo paint job on it, so the synthetic would be better for that.

How are the synthetic stock sets? Comfortable to use?

Rick

·
Super Moderator
51,154 Posts
Handi22-250 said:
but my scale was a little off on calibration, so i am thinking about 41 grains is more what I was shooting...
??? :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am aware that knowing the exact powder charge is VERY important, but I don't understand why my scale didn't stay zeroed, I spent about 30 min getting the zero perfect, but after I was done loading 40 rounds, it was out of zero..... following the instructions that came with the scale btw.

I've got it zeroed now again, and I am checking zero every couple rounds, and it is slowly getting out of zero. I think it's time to buy a new scale.

But it is my fault for not checking zero once and a while.

Won't happen again, that's for sure...

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Digital or balance beam? If beam, make sure the pivot area is clean.

Either one, make sure you're not where the wind can blow over or around it, that will throw them off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts