Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a couple more Handi-questions. how is the accuracy of the youth models? can you get the youth 22 with a wood stock? I have a 9 year old daughter and most youth stocks are still a little long with the wood stock I can trim it down a little. how are the survivor stocks vs the new choate version? can you order a new forearms for each barrel so you can bed them? also has anyone cut any barrels down or added a muzzle break, I might do that is the girl gets into hunting and needs to shoot something bigger than the 7mm-08. and well I have 2 younger boys that are going to be shooting one of these days also. :grin: oh and will someone finally get one of the 7.62x39 barrels and shoot some standard ammo through it so I can either stop drooling or just go ahead and decided that will be my second barrel!!! :lol:

thanks

huntinhick

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you're talkin about the 22lr, you can't get it with a wood stock set. But if you're looking for a youth wood stock set to put on one i got one i can hook you up with. :wink: I think MSP has a 19 in. 280 barrel that shoots real well. I'm thinkin of cutting my 44 mag barrel down to 18 in. for a brush gun. If you do a search on the forum you can find a topic about a gunsmith in ?Oregon? that does work on handis. Quick is gettin a 30-06 barrel rechambered to 338-06. And the smith will put muzzle breaks on barrels for you. As for the 7.62x39 barrels they are available for $82 + $10 fitting fee +$15 shipping. I think i am goin to get one for target shooting and just a plinker.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I had a 30-30 cut down to 18 inches to make a Handi truck/brush gun. No change in accuracy, just quicker to point and easier to carry.

Wally

1 - 5 of 5 Posts