Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to get a 6 cavity round ball mould in .380? I realy like the Lee with the tangant sprue cut off, but I've only seen two cavity molds and it takes a while to cast up a bunch. Heck at this point I'd settle for a four cavity!

Thanks,

Will

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
This has been talked about, mostly by folks wanting harder buckshot. There does not seem to be a source for quality RB gang moulds. Best approach anyone has come up with is to buy two Lee DCs to use alternately. This is cheap enough and gives a significant production increase.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Will, I got a HILTS mould that is a 6 cav for R/B in 54 cal. I got it thru cabelas some years ago. The only info the mould has on it is: Hilts mould
Burbank CA 91502.
It leaves the spru on the ball and I take a small pair of cutters and clip them off. Its a pain but I have the time to do it so not to bad.
I have no other info on the mould but you might be able to find something on the web. Seems it ran about 30 buck or something like that.
Just checked Cabela's and they dont show that mould anymore.

Gun Runner

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Will, found website for hilts:
www.hiltsmolds.com

Only prob. is the round ball molds they make are for 45, 50 and 54 cals.
They are more into molds for jigs, and sinkers, and down riggers and custom type things. Their site is pdf so it takes awhile to load.

Flintman, where and how does one get hold of info on the jeff tanner moulds?

Gun Runner

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just do a google,yahoo or any other search...

Just note that he spells moulds just as it should be spelled!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys, it would seem that as popular as black powder shooting is getting that someone would make a 4-6 cavity mould. It realy doesn't take that long with a double, but it seems like it does!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will52100 said:
Anybody know where to get a 6 cavity round ball mould in .380? I realy like the Lee with the tangant sprue cut off, but I've only seen two cavity molds and it takes a while to cast up a bunch. Heck at this point I'd settle for a four cavity!

Thanks,

Will
The best source for alarge capacity mold is NEI Handtools. Walt, the original owner passed away and the company has now started up again. I recently purchased a 4 cavity round ball mold and like the quality. The sprue cut off is the same as Lee. In other words, there's no large sprue. You can get the molds in your choice of iron or aluminum.

Here's the contact information:
NEI Handtools
PO Box 370356
El Paso, TX 79937-0356
Ph 915-772-0259
http://www.neihandtools.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts