Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my grandmother passed away, they found a Morgan & Clapp single shot pistol in her dresser. The pistol was given to me years ago. The trigger and hammer spring are both missing. I am sure no parts would be available, but I would like to find a drawing or schematic to see what the parts look like. Searching on the internet, I have found nothing. Anyone have any ideas where to look? Thanks Boomer

·
Registered
38 Posts
Brownells has a tremendous library. Chances are the pistol is a copy of someone elses. I would ask. It is free. And they might be able to refer you to a smith that specializes in that sort of work. Luck.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cartridge pistol, barrel swings to the side for loading. Think it is about 25 caliber.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What I could find on Morgan & Clapp
http://www.american-firearms.com/american-firearms/Manufacturers/START.html

Were mfg From:1864 To:1867
Founded by Lucius Morgan and Clapp in 1864.
It is presumed that Clapp was Everett Clapp, treasurer of Starr Arms Company in 1864. Clapp went to New York in 1868 or 1869 and formed Alford, Fall & Clapp (Alonzo Alford, Asa Far and Clapp). They listened in the Carroll's New York City business direcotry as successors to Morgan & Clapp. Became Alford, Burkele & Clapp in 1871 and Burkele & Clapp in 1872

.22 caliber.single shot pistol, spur trigger

.30 r.f. caliber, single shot pistol, spur trigger, manufactured from 1864 to 1866, production was about 500 produced

.32 caliber.single shot pistol, spur trigger

I managed to find some internet photos of what one should look like.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts