Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to build a mortar for golfballs. I have not played golf in years but have all these balls laying around. Something that would shot 300-400 yrds would be great.

Does anyone have any ideas or plans?

Thanks,
Doug

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al I can say is WOW....

I was originally thinkin of using a piece of copper pipe. Gez I'm not in the same league with you guys.

Doug

·
Registered
228 Posts
dougk said:
I was originally thinkin of using a piece of copper pipe. Gez I'm not in the same league with you guys.
Doug
Doug,

PLEASE...Don't even THINK about doing that. You'd have a hand grenade waiting to go off. :cry:

Using solid bar stock that's been drilled/bored or seamless, heavy wall DOM tubing with a proper breech plug is the only safe way to go.

Stick around awhile and pick people's brains. You'll catch up. :)

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was joking about the copper pipe... :-D
Maybe it would be better to buy one...

Doug

·
Super Moderator
16,443 Posts
If you wait until September 1st you are going see a bunch of golf ball mortar plans posted here on the board.

That's when all the entrants for the golf ball mortar contest are to post their entry.

The rules of the contest require posting of a drawing.

Your drawing must provide all dimensions suitable for others to make their own copy of your mortar. The drawing can be on the side of an old cardboard box and done with a crayon as long as some one could use the drawing to make their own gun. The mortar must be golf ball bore.

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't Wait.... :D

In the mean time I will stick with the coffee can mortar. I have a couple of 3 lb cans that might work.

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts