Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine says he does not like or trust the safeties on Mossberg 500s. Says he's had trouble w 2 different guns. I have an early 90's 12 ga 500 that has been fine for me even tho I use it hard. But I maintain it pretty well too.

Can anybody speak to the big picture on these guns and their safety performance?
I also have a 20 ga.

thanks

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Only problem I have ever seen is the safety button missing. They were pretty well worn or abused examples.

BW

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
had a bunch over the years, never ever had a problem. one did freeze one morning on the marsh, but i had a single shot freeze too so i cant say the gun was at fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Never had any problem with the safety on my 500. It is an extended mag tube 12 ga "riot gun", retired with me a few years ago. It IS plastic, a feature I don't really trust, but again it has worked flawlessly so far. I'd like to replace it with something metal but havent found such yet. My only complaint with this shottie is the mag tube loosened after I first got it, and had to tighten it down with a wee tad of loctite. No further issues, and it is my next-to-the-bed shotgun...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts