Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a like new, used 30/30 for $350. I actually didn't know they existed. I forgot the model #; Think it was a model 400 and something. I was impressed with look and feel; Bore shiny and new looking. Any info appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I haven't shot one but I've handled one and liked it. I hear they shoot good. The model was 464 if I recall.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Two years ago I bought my Mossberg model 464 in 30-30. Since then it toppled several wild hogs for me. My scope is a Simmons Pro Hunter featuring 2-7X settings. This outfit is quite accurate and shoots consistent 2 inch groups at 100 yards. It's a keeper!

TR

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I'm a little late but I don't see $350 for a used Mossberg as any great deal. Academy Sports sells them brand new for $389. $300-325 and I would be interested.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Isn't is a copy of the Marlin? Or close to it. I think the patent's for Marlin have long since ran out. Same with Winchesters, the reason Rossi and others are making copies of the Winchester 92. I also think the same thing happened to the AR-15's when the patent ran out and Colt was no longer the only maker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts